I am getting fed up with Verzion
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Service has gone downhill. I am running into areas where I go no Internet even though it says I am in a 5G spot. To now I can't even send a picture message when it says I am in a 5G spot. The service has gone downhill for the price we pay it should get better.

0 Likes
Re: I am getting fed up with Verzion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out. A reliable service is a must, and we are here to help. I rely on my device for almost everything and I would be lost without it. What is your ZIP Code? Do you know if other users in the area have the same trouble? ~Roger

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Zip 32751 

My family members that don't have 5G have no issue. They get Internet can send pictures etc

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaio165, we are not showing any known or reported issues there currently. How long have you been seeing problems in that zip code? Does it occur at a specific location (ex: home, work, school, etc)? Is it happening indoors and/or outdoors?

-Christine

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

It's been happening a long time the coverage maps show I am in 4G but I only get two bars of 5G. So I don't know how that happeneds. I mean I should be able to send a MMS with no problems. I think you bind your 4G with your 5G to think people you have lots of 5G but then you get no service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not having service is definitely not good, vaio165. Our 4G and 5G Nationwide networks do run off of the same towers while our 5G UW uses different towers. Are you seeing 5G or 5G UW? Some devices do allow you to switch between network selections if you're seeing the 5G, but you're actually in a 4G only area. Which device do you use?

-Genesis

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Motorola One 5G UW can you look up what type of signal I should get? I can PM you my address.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaio165, you can use this link to view what signal is available for your location: https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/

-Christopher

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

The coverage map shows no 5G around me at all and I should be getting 4GLTE. I took a photo see link. Then why is my phone saying I have 2 bars of 5G? Something not right. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtxxebpM5QtOgt11bh4ixs8NmpBR4g

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaio165,

The coverage map as stated is for illustrative purposes only and not exact. If your phone is strong enough and able to connect to an available 5G network, it will. Phones are designed to connect to the strongest connection available. So where you are located, the connection to the 5G connection is stronger than the 4G LTE network. I hope this clarifies.

-Mark

0 Likes