I am ready to dump Verizon!!!!
dboz555

I have used Verizon as my cell phone carrier for over a decade. I currently have 5 phones with Verizon and pay over $300 a month.

About a year and a half to two years ago I had a phone that did not have insurance; it broke and I purchased a phone from e-bay. When I added the phone from e-bay Verizon reset my renewal date for that phone. When I thought it was time to renew that phone it was not up for renewal. I robed the upgrade phone from a different line on the account and both lines got reset.

I have been robbing upgrades from lines on my account and I am out of upgrades. To top it off the latest upgrade I received Verizon did not put the insurance on it even after I said “make sure insurance is on the phone” a number of times. Now in order to use the line I will have to purchase a new phone. Every time I put a phone on an the account whether or not I purchased the phone from Verizon during an upgrade period they reset my upgrade date. I paid full price for one phone because it was not up for an upgrade and they reset my upgrade date.

So now I am at a point that I need three new phones and another two in a few months and I will have to pay out of pocket for all of them. I have tried to talk to customer service and they get confused trying to figure out what I am talking about.

So what I need to know is there someone higher and more educated that can go through two years of my contract and figure things out with me? I need someone who can look and say a phone was added and I it had nothing to do with an upgrade and we robed a customer of an upgrade.

My other option is to switch to AT&T. It will cost me about the same amount to pay to get out of my Verizon contract and switch to AT&T as it would be to pay out of pocket to upgrade my phones. At this point I don’t trust Verizon and feel I am not being helped and AT&T despite what others say about them has done me no wrong as of yet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am ready to dump Verizon!!!!
rcschnoor
Legend

Having switched phones almost every 2-3 weeks since the beginning of the year, I can say my upgrade date has not changed once in all of those switches.

You can log into your MyVerizon and check your "Documents and Receipts" to see what has been happening with your account over the last 18 months.

Everytime your contract has renewed in this period, you will see a document and this will explain why the contract was extended.

0 Likes
dboz555

I read a bunch of pdf’s that all say the say the same thing. It is either a bill, or a letter saying I am sharing data a minutes with everyone on the plan. No help at all. I need to be in e-mail correspondence with a person is there such a thing with Verizon? How much do I have to spend before I am a customer they care about?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I tried reading your missive above and it makes no sense. If you have all these lines and you purchased cell service at the same time via getting subsidize phones on each then two year contracts would be in force. Lets say you put service staggered so each line has a contract end date of Jan, Feb, March, April and May. two years from date of service is your upgrade dates.

However if a device on an upgrade comes due you buy another subsidize cell phone then the two years starts over on that line. Not on all the lines on your account just the line number you took the subsidy on.

Now by purchasing another device from Ebay or anywhere else you need only swap meid/esn numbers from the new phone and remove the older phone line. It does not extend your contract. But you are still under contract till thevremainder of the two years is up. If you swap esn or meid numbers on your line with a smart phone then you owe a data charge, if you go from a data phone to a non data phone then it reduces your monthly invoice.

There is no contract extension on any line that is past two years.

And the reason AT&T  has not given you any problem yet is because you have no service with them

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So just what ARE the contract end dates on your 5 lines. Unless you last purchased phones for ALL of those lines at a discount on the same date, they should all be different.

To show an example of the documents available in the "Documents and Receipts" section of the MyVerizon for my account, I have included a screen shot below. You notice that there are 3 documents which state "Equipment Upgrade" which would be dates I purchased new devices at a discount, renewing the contract on those lines. The new contract end dates for those lines now coincide with the dates of those upgrades. I have made several equipment changes on at least one of those lines since those purchases were made, yet the contract end dates have NOT changed. If you do not see any documents such as those in your MyVerizon, then you have not made any equipment upgrades in the last 18 months which would have resulted in contract renewals and your lines should all be eligible for an upgrade within the next 6 months.

documents.jpg