I am switching from AT&T
jenprecourt

I am switching from AT&T to Verizon and just received our new phones. Before activating with Verizon do I need to cancel AT&T or does it not matter which order I do it in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am switching from AT&T
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you not initiate a port with Verizon for your AT&T lines. That is the normal way this type of move is done. Then your current numbers would be active on your Verizon phones.

If you cancel service with AT&T, you will lose your numbers. If you did not initiate the port to start your service with Verizon you may be able to port your AT&T numbers onto your Verizon lines. If you did initiate the port with Verizon, your AT&T service should have automatically cancelled.

View solution in original post

Re: I am switching from AT&T
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you not initiate a port with Verizon for your AT&T lines. That is the normal way this type of move is done. Then your current numbers would be active on your Verizon phones.

If you cancel service with AT&T, you will lose your numbers. If you did not initiate the port to start your service with Verizon you may be able to port your AT&T numbers onto your Verizon lines. If you did initiate the port with Verizon, your AT&T service should have automatically cancelled.