I blocked you, what do you see?
timtheram

Is there a way to block a number, but when they text me, for them to know they are being blocked...and not simply being ignored by me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I blocked you, what do you see?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
timtheram, thanks for reaching out to us. I want to make sure we get your concerns addressed. If you block the number on the My Verizon website and they try to call it will give them an announcement that will let them know there is calling restrictions. Then if they tried to text your mobile number, they will get an alert that the message is not able to got through. I hope that this was helpful information for you. Please keep us posted if you have any questions or concerns.    KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
timtheram, thanks for reaching out to us. I want to make sure we get your concerns addressed. If you block the number on the My Verizon website and they try to call it will give them an announcement that will let them know there is calling restrictions. Then if they tried to text your mobile number, they will get an alert that the message is not able to got through. I hope that this was helpful information for you. Please keep us posted if you have any questions or concerns.    KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
cheynikkita

I blocked someone and I keep getting a text saying "You were unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds." Does this mean the person I blocked does not know they are being blocked, and every time they text me I will get this message? I would so prefer for the blocked person to be notified that my number had restrictions on it, so they would realize their texts aren't being read and they would stop texting me. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cheynikkita,

I can understand how seeing that repeatedly would get old. We want to make sure you have the options you need to manage this. How did you block this person? What type of phone do you have?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes