I can see SOME reason, but not enough reason
Snn5
Legend

Verizon vs. T-Mobile unlimited data plans comparison | BGR

The link title isn't really accurate as it's more about unlimited data vs limited data and the perspective of an individual who was hired to write the piece.

XLTE was an expansion as was 3G/4G/LTE.  I can see how, with the millions of subscribers on Verizon's network that traffic could start to slow down at peak times, I also see that if everyone was using all their data for the month on the first week at LTE speeds, how would it make a difference if everyone hit their cap the first day vs last day?  Limits may be to keep folks in check from going too wild too fast, to spread out the traffic over the month, but nonetheless, if Verizon can handle all the heavy traffic for one day, why not everyday?  I guess, I don't see how it costs them more to handle 10GB of traffic from one customer as it would 50GB fromt he same customer.  Seems the limit is for money, not because the network can't handle it.

What say you?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can see SOME reason, but not enough reason
Snn5
Legend

See also:  Verizon Thinks Unlimited Data Is Bad For Customers | Ubergizmo

Gold claims that “users are very well served by current wireless data plans, and really don’t require more. So, while unlimited data may sound attractive, there is no practical effect of data limits on the majority of users.”

0 Likes
Re: I can see SOME reason, but not enough reason
Snn5
Legend

This is kind of true in that most users don't need anywhere near 10,20,30.....100GB or more, and yes, there are many plans as far as data allotments go, but still, an unlimited data user grandfathered into the plan at $60 access and $30 data isn't going to use 100GB of data...typically. 

0 Likes