Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
Garfieldfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

After going round and round Verizon told me my phone is out of warranty and there is nothing they can do. Samsung said they can look at my phone (its still covered under manufacturer warranty) but they know what is wrong. There is an issue with software on the Verizon end. It's amazing how the Verizon reps tell me that they are unaware of any issues when there are lots of threads on various tech sites all having the same issue and Samsung reps seem to be well aware of it. So now I have to send my phone into Samsung so they can verify that its not their issue so that I can then go back to Verizon and let them know what Samsung found out. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone else? I've gone through three Samsung Galaxy S5's in the past three days, two of which have this problem and one just stopped working all together.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The LATS thing that we want is for you to feel as if you are getting the runaround Garfieldfam. We want to do all that we can to ensure that you are able to us your service properly. May I ask did you already send your phone to Samsung Inc yet? If not then please provide us with the exact software and baseband verison that you have installed on the S5. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmmom23

My phone is doing  same thing. Can't  dial  can't  receive  calls. I get a busy tone. My wife cell is fine. I have gs5

0 Likes
Garfieldfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was thankfully still under factory warranty. I sent it in to Samsung and they fixed it for me. And fixed my charger door that broke the week I got the phone, Verizon told me that was not a warrantied part and it couldn't be replaced when I asked last year in store. My suggestion to anyone is to check with Samsung and see if you are still covered under warranty. Their customer service had told me that this is a known issue and its do to a software issue. Plus it didn't cost me a thing! They paid shipping both ways.

0 Likes
Re: I can't make or take phone calls, but i can message and use data. Has this happened to anyone el
Mabesmargie

I’m having the same issue with the new iPhone super flustered. I was stuck in the hospital for 5 hrs and couldn’t call no one not even 611

0 Likes