I cannot make outgoing calls but I can receive them. Samsung Galaxy s4
TraverMcLaughlin

I cannot make outgoing calls but I can receive them. This seemingly coincided with a notification of global roaming which I denied. I am in my office in Michigan, about 200 miles from Canada. Does anyone know what happened? I cannot even call my voicemail

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot make outgoing calls but I can receive them. Samsung Galaxy s4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those calls to go through TraverMcLaughlin! Did you try a battery pull? Do you typically receive roaming indicators in this location?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
TraverMcLaughlin

I have. This is the first time since I have owned the phone that I have ever had a roaming notification pop up. I am in my normal routine, so its a total shock. This is why I denied the global roam request. A couple of time when I try to call out, the roam pops back up. I can receive calls and text, i just can't call out. Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information TraverMcLaughlin! 200 miles from Canada is a very safe distance to not incur any roaming charges. What's your calling plan? Most plans (newer) include nationwide calling and regardless of roaming indicators, no roaming charges apply. Please share your calling plan info to ensure that you are covered.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
TraverMcLaughlin

How does my calling plan mean anything for me to call out. I cannot call a local number. It does connect ring it just says dialing. The calling plan is meaningless to the problem. Please readdress.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarification TraverMcLaughlin! My understanding was that you were getting roaming indicating when trying to place a call and that you were not proceeding to complete call due to indicator, I apologize for misunderstanding. Please make sure that your phone's preferred network mode is set to LTE/CDMA, then power off/on and test. http://vz.to/1nRj1Sd

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes