I get terrible signal, who do I contact that will actually do something about it?
derock1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Amarillo, TX and have a Note 3.  When I first got Verizon they just got 4G LTE and I had great signal everywhere.  Now I only get 5 or 10 mbps if that.  At work I regularly only get 1 mbps or worse.  Many times losing internet connection all together.  What's the deal?  And now they claim 4G XLTE, I have yet to see any connection close to what they claim.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I get terrible signal, who do I contact that will actually do something about it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this info, derock1982. Like you, I'd prefer to have consistent service throughout my area. It does happen that service fluctuations will occur. Sometimes, they happen in the same locations (such as large retail buildings or on school campus), other times they're at home. What I recommend you do is take some random samples of speeds and average them out. 4G LTE service speeds between 5 and 10 mbps are about right for that area. If you're averaging that or above, then the service is functioning at expected speeds. Please let us know how it goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I get terrible signal, who do I contact that will actually do something about it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into your area derock1982! What zip code are you located in? If you work in a different area please share the zip code of your work location as well. Do you only have issues indoors in your work area? Try powering off and removing/inserting the sim card in your work area. Our average 4G LTE download speeds are 5 Mbps-12 Mbps and upload speeds are 2 Mbps-5 Mbps. Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
derock1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

The area where I have the worst issue is 79106. This is where I work. It

doesn't seem to matter whether I am inside or out. And I have turned off

my phone repeatedly in attempt to fix it. Lately seems to have gotten

progressive worse but I think it is a load issue cause it's not bad early

in the morning and during a normal lunch period.

On Oct 25, 2014 12:49 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. Does service improve the further out you drive from the work area within the zipcode, or is it once you are further away that service begins to improve?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
derock1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really notice an improvement about a mile out from work. It is

kind of sporadic throughout the Amarillo area. It is good generally around

my house at 79109 but I use wifi mostly there. I don't get very good at

79119. Just depends throughout Amarillo. Sometimes it's great and others

it's practically non existent or it cuts off my data connection.

On Oct 28, 2014 7:32 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this info, derock1982. Like you, I'd prefer to have consistent service throughout my area. It does happen that service fluctuations will occur. Sometimes, they happen in the same locations (such as large retail buildings or on school campus), other times they're at home. What I recommend you do is take some random samples of speeds and average them out. 4G LTE service speeds between 5 and 10 mbps are about right for that area. If you're averaging that or above, then the service is functioning at expected speeds. Please let us know how it goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes