I had a few questions for VZW
ok2103

I recently got a new contract and therefore got a new phone number.

For the past 3 months I have been receiving phonecalls and texts not intended for me. Texts from clearly shady people. Phonecalls from collection companies. AND other phonecalls from VZW themselves. All trying to get a hold of the previous owner of my new phone number.

Why is VZW recycling phone numbers so quickly? There isn't a grace period? You aren't even updating it in your systems across the board?

Why doesn''t the automated system work? NO, I'm isn't that guy (for the 25th time). Yes I pressed 2. Your dummy machine hang up and tries again later...

I finally call the number back to reach a clueless person at the desk. And I am sure she did not pass my feedback to her manager. So here is this post.

Please fix this. Verizon is a great service provider, but this is unacceptable. Please fix.

PS: why in the world am I now getting spam/phishing texts from a 74320 (something like that) number???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I had a few questions for VZW
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll get a response from the Verizon reps that roam the community since they respond to questions and you didn't mark your post as a question.

0 Likes
ok2103

oh. i have no idea how these forums are supposed to work. ehh =(

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said you "recently got a new contract and therefore got a new phone number" - a new contract doesn't mean a new number - we've had the same wireless numbers since we got our cell phones almost 15 years ago...  but that's not relevant to your question.

You can change the number, or request a change since you are getting calls not intended for you. Of course, there's no guarantee that won't happen with the next number too....  call customer service and press 4 for "other" - then SAY "Speak to an agent" and  you should have a live person to talk to in a couple of minutes.  Or login to MyVerizon and change the number there.

There's supposed to be a 6 month gap before numbers are re-assigned (so I've heard).

0 Likes