I have a question on Verizon's extended warranty! Need help!
dancellble
I have the extended warranty for verizon yet I have lost my phone, am I still eligible for the same phone free of charge? Note that I have only had the phone for a couple of weeks.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a question on Verizon's extended warranty! Need help!
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The warranty only covers manufactures defect. It does not cover lost/stolen or damaged phones. Are you paying $5.99 or $7.99 for your "extended warranty"? Or just $1.99??

0 Likes
dancellble
Ugh, that is not good news. But I am paying the 1.99$
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
well if you just purchased the phone you can add insurance within 30days of purchase. If you haven't told Verizon about the lost phone yet, I wouldn't...just add the insurance if it's within 30days and now the phone will be covered under insurance and you can file a claim to get another. Keep in mind  you'll have to pay a deductible; either $40 or $80 depending on what kind of phone it is.
0 Likes
dancellble

I think I already had insurance on the phone, is there anyway I can check?

- Thank you aswell for my previous question. 

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

For insurance you want to look for WPP Asurion $4.99 (or $5.99). This is your basic insurance package. Or TEC Asurion $5.99 (or $7.99). This is the insurance program combined with the extended warranty. But typically when you're paying only $1.99 for the extended warranty you would not have the insurance package on top of this. So check  your bill or MyPlan under MyVerizon or call customer service to ask ...

0 Likes
dancellble

I will check my plan immediately, thank you so much for the help.

-Daniel 

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
You may want to call Asurion and listen to their recorded greeting or check their FAQ's online before taking some of the advice offered here.  If you have lost the phone and then add insurance and file an insurance claim, that is fraud.  I would also check the guidelines for a device being insured.  If my memory serves me correctly you have to have at least one minute of usage after insurance is added.  Just check it out.  You may not ever get caught, but who wants to do seven years for a cell phone (or for any other reason, I might add).
0 Likes