I have researched T mobile and it appears to be a way better deal. Like $40 a month less. Anyone else thinking about this?
dubc08
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are willing to pay my early activation fee and give me a $100 credit for my phone.  I spoke with a rep yesterday and it seems quite easy and painless.  I have been with Verizon a long time, but I'm a professional student on a fixed income and it may be time to make a switch.  I just switched my car insurance to Geico after being with State Farm for 16 years because I was offered the same coverage for $30 less a month.  I want to stay with Verizon but this bill is outrageous. 

Labels (1)
Re: I have researched T mobile and it appears to be a way better deal. Like $40 a month less. Anyone else thinking about this?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

What's your plan and how much is it?

0 Likes
Re: I have researched T mobile and it appears to be a way better deal. Like $40 a month less.  Anyone else thinking about this?
dubc08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have unlimited text with  450 mins talk and 6GB for $30 but I never even use a GB. I also barely use an hour of talk time a month. My total monthly bill is about $106.

0 Likes
Re: I have researched T mobile and it appears to be a way better deal. Like $40 a month less. Anyone else thinking about this?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

To answer your question, no I am not thinking about changing.  T-Mobile's coverage in many of the areas I frequent is less than poor or non-existent (I guess they don't invest their money in towers).  For me the most important part of the MOBILE phone service is the ability to make calls and use the data connection.  T-Mobile does not provide that for me.

That does not mean it will not meet your needs in the area you live, I recommend you make sure that T-Mobile actually has coverage where you frequent (don't take their 'sales' word about coverage) before changing providers.
And don't forget, you buy your phone at full retail price at T-Mobile (or bring a used phone purchased from another source).

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: I have researched T mobile and it appears to be a way better deal. Like $40 a month less.  Anyone else thinking about this?
Not applicable

You can get the More Everything plan with unlimited minutes and text and 250 MB data( since you say you don't use data ) for $55 plus taxes/fees. Only $45 if you're already out of contract with their current more Everything Month to Month promotion.

Fritzbear

Yes, I'm tired of not being able to make changes on line ( i always get a message stating this service is not available at this time. Try later or call customer service[ and wait 20 min to get someone that can' help you] This is ridiculous. My contract is up in January and I am switching.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If going to T-Mobile you can leave now and they will pay early termination fees for switching. However you must pay the fee to verizon and get a receipt, trade in your verizon phone and pay full price for a device on their service.

Please note I have been reading that T-Mobile has been finding ways not to reimburse after you submit the paperwork.

Also they have raised the price on Data and of course service may not be good where you live, work and travel.

Google it. They lost mucho money and people are now looking to leave. I wonder what the second quarter numbers will show?

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dubc08 - We would be lost without you! I am confident the value we offer through quality service and variety of options sets us apart from the competition. Check out http://vz.to/1ec91gs to learn about our Account Analysis tool and ensure you are on the best plan fo...

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

f

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fritzbear,

We know it's important to have access to make changes to the account when you need to and we appreciate you using self serve tools. I'm sorry you've been having problens with the system, but we want to resolve them as we don't want to lose you. How long has this been going on for? Have you ever been able to make changes? Are you the account owner or account member?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes