I live in a dead zone?
unhappywithcalldrops

Who do I complain to about constant voice call drops in my home?  It has gotten so bad, I'm unable to use my cell phones in my house.  I get bars.  I can make calls with no problem, but calls are constantly dropping.  I have an Iphone5s, my wife has a basic phone.  We both have problems.  My 3 kids have iphones and don't even bother trying to make voice calls.

I did an online chat with a rep to tole me I can buy some amplifier (at my expense, of course) to help resolve the issue. I don't live on a farm or mountains side - I live in a Chicago suburb!!

I pay a lot of money for this service and it totally sucks!!!!

Who can I turn to?

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I live in a dead zone?
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

Hi there,

Your only option is to purchase a network extender (Samsung Network Extender SCS 2U01 | Verizon Wireless).  No wireless service provider can guarantee trouble-free service indoors, period.  However, if this issue still occurs when you walk outside, you can call VZW tech support and request that a trouble ticket be opened. If it only occurs indoors, then there is nothing VZW can do but offer you the network extender.

-Mike

KerrieAB

Same happened here.  Lived in this house (which has not moved) for 15 years with Vezion wireless service the entire time.  All was fine until Feb 2015 when my entire street became a dead zone.  Verizon says they did nothing to towers or signal but yes I am in a dead zone.  Tried to SELL me that extender for $300, oh heck no.  They finally gave it to me for free and it is worthless.  I cant keep a call to save my life.  My only hope os to switch providers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having service in your home is important, KerrieAB. Have you reached out to us and had a network ticket put in to improve your performance? When was the last time that you had a network ticket written. We are always looking to improve our network. Please feel free to reach out at 800-922-0204 so we can see what is going on in your area.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes