I'm done with you
Eric794
Enthusiast - Level 2

1st time poster here

I have to say that I am completely irritated with verizon right now. I have a HTC Incredible and my contract has been up for about two months. I was either waiting for the Iphone 5 or the Galaxy S3 (which I decided I was going to get.) I of course have unlimited data, which I was under the impression that I would get to keep for my next upgrade. Now I find out that not only would I have to pay $700 for a new phone to keep unlimited data, but I would have to do it without a legal contract (ie HURRRR DURRRR we decide to not supply you with unlimited data a month later because you're not under contract so we can do what we want.) That is a big risk and requires a lot of trust in verizon, which has proven time and time again that it is not trustworthy.

OR

I take the "subsidized" phone and lose unlimited data.

How about.... I just take my business elsewhere!! If you think for two freakin seconds that I am going to continue to invest my money into your exploitative business model and outright lies, you have another thing coming.

Oh and guess what, I have Verizon DSL and television. I think I'm going to drop that too.

I hope you fail hard

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm done with you
jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract is also up and I am also unhappy with the news. I have been waiting for the new iphone and the new samsung galaxy phone as well. But with this mess, I have started looking at other service providers. It might even be cheaper to have a prepaid card, that's how ridiculous Verizon has gotten.

I canceled my fios a few month ago. If I am unable to keep my unlimited data plan (loyal customer for 8 years), then I will definitely leave. I am NOT paying retail price for a phone. Verizon is going to lose a lot loyal customers because greed.

0 Likes
Roy02780

After my contract is up i will also be looking elseware. The free phone for renuing my contract  they are charging me 169.00 and told me that phone was never free. YES IT WAS/ or i never would have got it. the phone isnt very good. BRIGHTSIDE already sent th first one back. its shutting on and off by its self. they did not offer me anything from all of there mixup I am so done with verizon....

0 Likes
Baseballdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have an upgrade available just pre-order the SIII before the 28th and you still keep your unlimited data for you next two years.  I did it this morning and still had the option to keep unlimited data on my plan.  If you wait until the 28th then yes you would lose unlimited if you purchased a subsidized phone.

0 Likes
jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can do that but I also want to know what the specs of the new iphone is going to be like before I commit to the Samsung Galaxy 3. Plus, I dont know if I want a phone that big. I want to be able to compare the two before I make the final decision.

0 Likes
jacksoneng
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know. I used to love Verizon and would recommend them to all my friends. You can definitely see the change in service over the last few years.

0 Likes
Eric794
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think that is correct. The reps have been  saying the same thing: just because you preorder the phone under your old plan does to mean it will activate under it. Release/Activation of the Galaxy S3 won't happen until AFTER the plan switches over, meaning you have to change the plan. Unless they stated otherwise, that was the last I heard

0 Likes
Becky92186
Enthusiast - Level 3

verizon does seem to be getting crazy. But I have always found that if you can and argue and threaten, they usually give in on a lot of things.

For me, there's not much choice. Verizon is the only reliable service where I live, although we have yet to get Fios. The other service providers have spotty coverage at best and so a lot of people get stuck with verizon. But, the shared data plan doesn't seem so bad. I have had unlimited data since it came out i think, and have only ever once hit 2GB in a month.

A lot of people are less than thrilled with their new plans, and being a customer for almost 7 years now, I know they do change their plans continuously, so hopefully, this share-able stuff won't stay as it is for long.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You heard wrong.

0 Likes