I'm fuming at how badly I've been treated after my phone was stolen!
shaunie_walker

I bought my son  the new Samsung S6 for his birthday  in October 2015 . My son's cell phone was stolen tonight, so I called Verizon to report it stolen and attempted to use insurance to get a replacement phone. The customer service rep I spoke with, Bryce, told me that I did not have insurance since last November 2014. The only change I made to my account at that time was to change the phone numbers because I was being stalked. Somehow the insurance for that line was removed without my authority. Fast forward to October 2015 when I purchased the new phone; an insurance policy was not even offered to me! I didn't question it because I assumed I'd already had it, so no changes were necessary. I'm sure they could see that there was no insurance, however no one asked if I wanted insurance for this BRAND NEW phone when I made the purchase. So now Bryce says that Verizon will send me a refurbished S6. However, Verizon would charge me up to $500 if my stolen phone wasn't returned to them! In other words, they're expecting the person who stole my phone to have a change of heart and mail it to Verizon for me! Naturally that sounds unfair! I have 5 lines and all five of my lines have always had insurance. I have been with Verizon for nearly 8 years and have ALWAYS had insurance! They can go back through my records and verify that. So I expressed my extreme displeasure with the situation. Bryce proceeds to giggle as he's telling me that he "really feels for me". When I threatened to leave the company he supposedly went back to the supervisor who then says they will offer me another less expensive phone in order to save on how much I will have to pay Verizon for that phone; instead of up to $500, it would be more like $133. So I agreed to and S5 in order to save myself hundreds on what Verizon would charge me for the S6. Bryce then tells me that my monthly payment would still reflect as though I'm paying for the S6 even though I'm going to pay them for the S5. Again, this fool Bryce is GOOFING as I'm expressing how disappointed I am by my treatment from a company who I've given my service to for many years; HUNDREDS of dollars a month in services. At this point I feel I have no choice so I told them to go ahead and make the change but to note that I plan to switch service to another company. Bryce then giggles AGAIN, reminds me how much he really feels for me in this situation, then attempts to put through what his supervisor has offered me. Then he comes back to say that he can't put this order through because there is a past due balance on my account, even though it's scheduled to be paid next Monday, the end of November. So basically they can't continue to REAM me until I give them another $500! I've never been treated so poorly! And somehow they found amusement at my expense. I told Bryce that his supervisor is an asshole for acting as though he had the authority to offer something he couldn't even make happen. I realize that this is the "best network", but at this point, it's the principle of the matter. They don't deserve my money anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm fuming at how badly I've been treated after my phone was stolen!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

While agree about the giggling, they don't send phones if accounts are past due, and it's up to you to read your bills to know about your insurance. You also get let's if you have insurance on new phones. Look at it like this, over the past year you've saved your premium plus taxes and the deductible. That's near or above 300 right there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shaunie.walker You deserve our utmost respect at all times. I apologize that we fell short when we dealt with you during this difficult situation. This was a serious situation and it should not have been treated with giggling. It does sound like in this situation our options were limited. How did you buy your phone originally? Was it at a store or on the phone? If it was a store, do you know if it was corporate or an authorized dealer? The reason I ask is because authorized dealers offer an insurance that we do not see in our system.
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shaunie_walker

Hi Joel,

I spoke to a Verizon representative over the phone to purchase the S6 and the Note 5 in October. No agents, third parties or anything...a real, live person! The person yesterday could see that my insurance had been removed but couldn't find any notes explaining why, because it certainly wasn't at my request!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you attempt to use Googles Find my phone for the S6?

Android Device Manager

0 Likes
shaunie_walker

I hadn't tried that. I requested that they shut the line down (which, it turns or they didn't do and I had to myself). Can I still search for it if the service is off?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If it's connected to Wi-Fi you may be able to. It's been awhile since I set up the find my phone, but I believe it's a feature I had to enable. You just need to sign in with the G-Mail account that was on the device and see what happens.

0 Likes