I'm only getting 1-2 bars of service at home. My calls keep getting dropped, and I don't have another phone from which to call tech support ...
ljs2008

I'm having a really hard time making calls today. I'm currently getting 1-2 bars of service only; and the chat feature won't work for me on my computer so I can talk to someone in tech support. I have no other phone here at home from which I can call tech support. I tried the *228, and that didn't help. I really need to be able to make calls!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm only getting 1-2 bars of service at home. My calls keep getting dropped, and I don't have another phone from which to call tech support ...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljs2008,
Awesome! That is such great news to hear, glad the call was able to remain connected. With the improvement of the signal, can you now try placing the call to *228 and then press option number 2 to update your roaming capabilities? Please keep us posted on the status of the calls/signal.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm only getting 1-2 bars of service at home. My calls keep getting dropped, and I don't have another phone from which to call tech support ...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ijs2008, we're stepping in to assist with that call issue. Have you always had issues with dropped calls in your home? When did this problem start? Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ljs2008

Thank you!

No, I only had problems like this one other time, around when I first

bought this iPhone. At that time, I believe there was trouble with a tower

in my area ...?

Over the past month or so, I've had trouble with being able to see

voicemails in my box, but not being able to listen to them. However, that

has seemed to clear up. Now, this--just started today.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljs2008,

I want to make sure that you can always rely on our service. Having to deal with dropped calls is definitely no fun. What type of phone do you have? Do you get any error messages?  Provide your zip code to view your coverag area.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ljs2008

I have an iPhone 4. My ZIP is 29687. Appears to be covered on the coverage map.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljs2008,
I would like to dive a little deeper into this issue. Good news as the zip code does show to be in a well covered area. Is this issue occurring when inside your house as well as outside? When is the last time the device was powered off then back on? Is the software up to date on the device? http://vz.to/1JQCj4V

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ljs2008

It says my software is up to date. I powered down & back up again several times today. The issue was both outside & in. However, I'm now getting 3 bars, & I just had a pretty lengthy phone call with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ljs2008,
Awesome! That is such great news to hear, glad the call was able to remain connected. With the improvement of the signal, can you now try placing the call to *228 and then press option number 2 to update your roaming capabilities? Please keep us posted on the status of the calls/signal.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
ljs2008

Thank you! I've just now done *228. My signal is still 3 bars, but I think

that's as good as I've ever gotten here. Will definitely post again if

things don't stay improved--but I'm hoping it's fine now. Thanks to all who

gave suggestions!

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes