I'm really fooled by Verizon
Easonv

I port my number to T-mobile earlier to jump out of the contract. Got call from verizon after couple days, and they offered below:

• $100 credit for reactive the account,
  • $100 credit for trade-in the phone I got from T-mobile (They also mentioned in order to get $100 credit, the phone has to be a smart phone. Also they confirmed, I could trade in any smart phone to get this $100 credit. And this became the majoy problem now with Verizon),
  • Waive $350 ETF
  • Waive $35 for activation fee (Not the initial activation fee, it's the RE-activation fee)
  • Put me into month to month plan and no longer in any of the contract.

The screenshot of the follow up email for the initial offer

3.png

I denied the offer and told them I will be still paying much more than I paid to T-mobile. The Rep asked me what else they could do to bring me back to Verizon. I told them addition to those offer, if they could give me $100 more credit, I would consider to go back to Verizon. The Rep said she needed to check with her supervisor and call me back in 10 mins. And after 10 mins, she called me back and confirmed everything and ported me back from T-mobile. So the complete package will be

• $100+$100 credit for reactive the account
  • $100 credit for trade-in the phone I got from T-mobile (They also mentioned in order to get $100 credit, the phone has to be a smart phone. Also they confirmed that I could trade in any smart phone to get this $100 credit. And this became the major problem now with Verizon),
  • Waive $350 ETF
  • Waive $35 for activation fee (Not the initial activation fee, it's the RE-activation fee)
  • Put me in month to month plan and no longer in any of the contract.

Before that I also asked how to trade in my to get this $100 credit and she told me to wait for an email for detail instruction.

After about two to three weeks, I hadn’t received any email regarding the trade in. So I chatted with an online Rep for getting the details. Initially, the Rep told me my phone is only worth $8 for trade in. But after I told him/her the details, he/she confirmed that I could trade in any smartphone to get this $100 credit. I also asked if I need to mention anything to the store member for getting this credit. He/she told me to mention a promotion called “Trade-in to Trade-up”. After the chat I tried to email the conversation to me, but I never got the email. But I believe Verizon should have all chat log saved in their system.

But when I brought my T-mobile phone to Verizon Store and told them the promotion, the store manager said the promotion had been ended about couple months ago. And they are not able to give me the $100 credit. But they are able to see total $300 credit in my account with $200 had already been approved and another $100 was still pending. (Other $350 and $35 were already showed up in my account.) They told me they are not sure about why the $100 credit is in pending and there were no more comments on it. They asked me to wait for a week, and go to check with them again.

After a week, I emailed them to check the status, but didn’t get any response as the store member was in vacation. Finally catch the store member who assisted me earlier on 7/8.

She still saw the $100 pending and she connected me to a phone Rep.

After told them the whole story, the phone rep still not be able to confirm the trade in promotion and transferred me to another department. The guy from that department was so rude and said they usually offer $200 include trade in for bring the customer back. And they will not give me $300 in totally. And he also said if I want to disconnect the service with Verizon, they will take all the credit back includes the $200, ETF and activation fee. I was pissed off and ask to transfer to his manger. The manager told me they won’t take the credit back if I ask to disconnect. Since they already give me the credit back and ask me the whole story. Again I have to spend 10 mins to let him understand the whole story. But still he said they could not give this $100 credit for trade-in. And told me again and again, they usually offer $200 for bringing customer back. Unfortunately, my call got disconnected after total 2 hours call. I was so tired with these conversations and did have my issue resolved.

After about an hour, I called to cancel my Verizon service. And I again have to tell her the whole story. She asked me if I saved the earlier chat then she could find out the details about this $100 trade in offer. I said I didn’t have the conversation saved, but she said she is able to find the chat in their system. She asked me to wait for her to read the conversation and AGAIN the call got disconnected.

Today (7/10), I received an email from Verizon for an update for my account. They add a 2 years contract without my acknowledgement. Here are the details:

initial.png

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Verizon Wireless. This letter confirms an update made to your account information for wireless number (971) xxx-xxxx on July 8, 2014. We have also listed the details concerning your wireless service below. For additional details regarding your service, please refer to the back of this letter.

Important cancellation information

5 If you decide to cancel your service prior to May 30, 2016, an early termination fee of up to $175 will apply. For details, please review the "What Happens if My Postpay Service is Canceled Before the End of My Contract Term?" section of your Customer Agreement.

Also attached a screenshot from the reactivation agreement.

2.png

This is so ridicules. I’m really angry about their customer service. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes