I receive voicemail intended for another number
jbr4

Occasionally (7 times in 3 months) I receive voicemail from a sweet older lady in a nearby town who is leaving a message for someone else (I suspect it's her son).  The problem is that she is not dialing my number.  I never answer the phone so I've never talked to her.  Sometimes, I get the message that she's intending for the gentleman (as if she dialed the wrong number).  Sometimes, I get a voicemail of the conversation between the two of them (that doesn't sound like her dialing the wrong number).

Today, my phone rang, I didn't answer it, and I received a message.  The odd thing is that this time the message began with the Verizon message that the customer at 256-xxx-xxx6 is not available and then her message to her son.  The really curious part is that my number is 256-xxx-xxx1.  Only the last digit is different between our numbers.

How do I report this to Verizon so they can fix (or at least check) the problem?  I've checked the support website and it's not obvious what number to call.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: I receive voicemail intended for another number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are getting messages that are not yours. Let's look into this. Are you a Verizon Wireless customer? She may be using a 3 way calling feature. Do you see her number in your call log?  JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
jbr4

I am a Verizon Wireless customer. I know her number but I would rather not post it publicly here.

0 Likes
jbr4

JoeL_VZW, it's been several days since I answered your question and there is no followup from you. Is there a better approach I should follow for getting this issue addressed?

0 Likes