I want to activate a prepaid account with another carrier and keep my Verizon service as well. Will anything bad happen?
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus under service and being payed for with Verizon. If I put another carrier's prepaid SIM in and activate a new plan/service, will anything bad happen with Verizon? I don't want to port in or anything, I want a different number on the other carrier and everything.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to activate a prepaid account with another carrier and keep my Verizon service as well. Will anything bad happen?
mama23dogs
Legend

No worries.  You can use your phone as you like.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I want to activate a prepaid account with another carrier and keep my Verizon service as well. Will anything bad happen?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you going to cancel your service with Verizon?  Or do you want to have the ability to swap SIM cards in the same phone and use both services at different times?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Nothing will happen.  Your phone is unlocked and you can use another sim with another number. 

0 Likes
xthelancerx
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not going to cancel my service with Verizon, I want to have both separate services running at the same time with different numbers, keep my number on Verizon and everything, different and new number on the other prepaid service.

I just was about to activate the prepaid SIM and I had to put in my IMEI and I was just nervous that somehow that would disassociate me with Verizon or something.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

No worries.  You can use your phone as you like.

0 Likes