I want to switch to the new data plan and have a cost question.
Pete2468

Switching to new plan.  I have 3 smart phones and 2 flip phones on my existing Verizon family plan.  My 2-year contract is up.  When I switch I want to keep one of the smart phones and one of the flip phones.  I will purchase 3 new smart phones as well, paying in installments.  What would I be paying for the line with the old smartphone and the flip phone.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to switch to the new data plan and have a cost question.
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

Sprint will cut your bill half. Great time to consider to switch over.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is really a Verizon billing question, and all depends on how those devices are currently set up and how your plan is structured.

Do all of these devices have their own individual data plan, or do they share a pool of data?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Pete2468 wrote:

Switching to new plan.  I have 3 smart phones and 2 flip phones on my existing Verizon family plan.  My 2-year contract is up.  When I switch I want to keep one of the smart phones and one of the flip phones.  I will purchase 3 new smart phones as well, paying in installments.  What would I be paying for the line with the old smartphone and the flip phone.  Thanks!

Which contract? If you have 5 lines, you have 5 separate contracts. Were they all entered into at the same time? That is the only way they would have concluded at the same time.

On the new Verizon Plan, each out of contract line pays a $20 line access fee. If any lines are in contract, those lines will pay a $40 line access fee.

Currently, purchasing phones on the installment plan has a promotion associated with it. You can see the details below, but you basically get 2GB/line for life for those lies as long as your account has a 12 GB or 18 GB data tier associated with it.

With 4 smartphones and 1 basic phone OUT OF CONTRACT, you would be paying $100 in line access fees.

With 3 lines on installments, a 12 GB allowance($80/month) would effectively be 18 GB and an 18 GB allowance($100/month) would be 24 GB.

0 Likes