I want to use an mp3 file on my device as my personal greeting
dhdawdy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a prerecorded file on my device, and on my PC, that I would like to use as my personal greeting for voicemail. How can I upload that as my "custom" greeting?

Re: I want to use an mp3 file on my device as my personal greeting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The option to upload your recorded personal voicemail greeting from your PC to your Verizon Wireless voicemail sounds exciting. Perhaps you are referring to the process of importing the voicemail greeting to your device. Is this right? Can you tell us more about the recorded greeting? (e.g., MP3, etc.) What's the make/model of your mobile phone? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
xandersdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I'd love to upload a greeting in any audio format to use as my voicemail greeting, as while I like the generic outgoing greeting, I want something similar that does not read my phone number (for instances with work forwarding calls to my phone). Is this possible with an iPhone 11? It sounds like garbage playing audio from my computer over the mic in the phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Xandersdad,

We want to make sure you know all of your available options for your voicemail greeting. As far as I know there is no option to use an MP3 but let's make sure. Since this is Apple's voicemail system, you will want to reach out to them directly at apple.com/support. We hope this is beneficial. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
jocolaci

I have a file I'd like to import as well, it's an .m4a format, i haven't anywhere online I can upload this to my voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, jocolaci! At this time, there is no way to set a saved audio file as your voicemail greeting. We apologize for any inconvenience.

-Marshall

0 Likes
xBLTx
Enthusiast - Level 1

When is Verizon planning to add this feature?

Justinjc79

I was able to on my Android device by going to voicemail settings> Voicemail greeting> custom greeting. In a silent location  get to place where record greeting option is, open sound file switch back to voicemail setting screen and press record, then stop as soon as mp3 stops.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes