I was asked to pay for my phone bills even when my account was suspended
jessdhlee

I am currently abroad so I personally asked a Verizon wireless agent to suspend my account last time. He apologized that I could not do it in person (which I tried countless times), and was able to suspend my phone. The weird thing is that I have been charged to pay for my phone bills even though my account was suspended (thus my usage is 0 minutes, 0 messages, 0 mb of 4G services).  I tried to ignore the bill payment thinking that it was a mistake, but I have been charged with a late fee charge from last two months.  I paid the bill just in case but still, I do not understand why I had to pay. Unless Verizon has a good reason to explain why I had to pay for my suspended status, I think it is fair to say that I should have my money back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was asked to pay for my phone bills even when my account was suspended
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Understanding the wireless charges is crucial and we appreciate you reaching out, Jessdhlee! We can take a closer look over the account to see the specifics of the suspension but will need to speak with you directly. Rest assured, we do have an international toll-free number which will be listed on this site: http://vz.to/1EdKeDI There are a few different type of suspensions such as with billing and without billing which could be the cause of the charges being applied. You can learn more about the suspension charges here: http://vz.to/1EQN15W Please feel free to contact us directly as soon as possible for further assistance, we look forward to hearing from you.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I was asked to pay for my phone bills even when my account was suspended
rcschnoor
Legend

There are many reasons why you could have been asked to pay for your phone bills.

Why are you abroad? When did you go abroad? When did you suspend your account. Do you realize there are 2 different methods to suspend? One WITH billing and one WITHOUT billing? Do you realize that unless you are abroad due to military deployment the MAXIMUM time for suspension WITHOUT billing is 90 days in a 12 month period? Do you have any phone purchases made via Edge/DPP? Even if you suspend your account due to being abroad you would be expected to make payments on those phone purchases during the suspension.

More information would be helpful.

0 Likes