I was wondering if it was truly the policy of your retail stores to not tell customers whether they have a product in stock or not over the phone?
Gecko1138

I . like everyone else, have been in search of an iphone6 and i d rather not order it online, my nearest verizon store is a couple of miles away and i don't drive, Every time i call they tell me they "cant discuss inventory over the phone". All i need to know is whether they have them in stock or not.so Im not making another wasted trip out of my way on foot to be told they don't. I've been into the store 4 of the past 6 days and they always just tell me to "come back tomorrow" , staunchly refusing to give me any information over the phone..

My contract has been up for a while but i wanted to wait it out until the new iphones came out and renew it with verizon but at the moment your retail stores cant even manage to give me enough Customer Service to even let me know if what i want is available at their store .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was wondering if it was truly the policy of your retail stores to not tell customers whether they have a product in stock or not over the phone?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you're local VZW isn't a corporate store then that may be their policy. My local store will tell you over the phone if they have something in stock but they won't hold it for you. So even after verifying over the phone that they have what you want you risk it not being there by the time you get to the store.

0 Likes
Re: I was wondering if it was truly the policy of your retail stores to not tell customers whether they have a product in stock or not over the phone?
Gecko1138

It's a corporate store, and i understand not holding it for me, That's fine, I don't like asking and being told they cant tell me whether they have any in stock at all or not, hence saving me the time and energy to not have to physically go in they know they don't have any.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gecko1138,

I definitely want you to have the most up to date information on inventory. Each of our store locations may handle these situations differently, and it is not meant to inconvenience you as a consumer. It is possible that a store does not want to create a false expectation as inventory of these popular devices  can change dramatically. You can pre-order this device online and not have to worry about an added trip to the store. I certainly want to see you in this device!

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gecko1138

Sandy,

I understand that the new iphones are selling quickly and if they were to tell me over the phone that they in fact had them, it is no guarantee that they will still be there an hour later. However every time I've gone in they've been completely out , and if they were to tell me this over the phone it would save me the hour it takes me to get there on foot. Ive called other stores and theyve had no problem telling me exactly what they have in stock, as well as your own customer service reps telling me that this in fact is not corporate policy. Ive explained all of this to the store as politely as possible the only options theyve given me are to physically come into the store to check or to order it online, which id rather not do.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It may be that particular stores policy. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to order over the phone or online? If you have to walk an hour on foot without knowing if it's even in stock it seems like the time wasted walking and not getting one might make you more interested in placing an order. Either way, you're not getting one in hand right now but at least you know by placing an order one will be delivered to you without you having to walk and be disappointed again.  Not sure what else can be done. If that location won't tell you over the phone and you don't have any other retailer to go to (Best Buy or somewhere else) then your options are limited.

0 Likes