IP Address is blocked by VerizonWireless
mocher

I would like to have an agent process my public IP whitelist request please.  It is being blocked by verizonwireless.com.  The IP is clean from all RBLs and has the rDNS properly set.  It is a static IP.    I have submitted requests to whitelist but the system incorrectly reports no rDNS and dynamic allocation.  Please escalate and thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IP Address is blocked by VerizonWireless
mocher

Is there a specific place to submit a whitelist request rather than these forums?  I have been unable to find it and found several discussions here where an agent was able to assist via private discussion.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

blocked from what?

0 Likes
mocher

We are unable to open verizonwireless.com in a browser (Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox).  I can see the traffic leave our firewall via a packet capture, but we never get a response from verizonwireless.com.  It's not a DNS issue or browser.  I've tested all of those scenarios.  If I NAT traffic from a host on our internal network to a different public IP, verizonwireless.com loads immediately, with everything else remaining exactly the same.  We cannot change our public IP at this location due to multiple site to site VPNs and other services at the public IP.  After scouring these forums, I have found several instances where verizonwireless.com was blocking the public IP and I have proven that by changing the source IP address from a host in our network.  Now I just need to allow all of our employees access.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Well could be that since Verizon wireless is meant for PERSONAL access that it doesn't want people accessing it from a PUBLIC IP address out of safety concerns.

0 Likes