Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Desert_Denizen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else notice the pattern? People being told they will get $100 receive $18, people being told they will receive $200 got $36. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone

Jylphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep harassing them...this took about a month for me to resolve...calling the number doesn't help since its always busy, I tweeted on #VZWsupport, i also emailed the recycling program, I also went to the store. 

I got an email back from the program friday morning and they gave me $164 so with the original $36 they gave me, I have the $200 credit now.

they claimed I never deactivated the phone, which is total bs...

0 Likes
Jungull
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have a success story. They showed my phone as received probably.....3 weeks ago now and I got paid my full $200 for my 4s about a week ago. No trouble. No issues. Just took a long time.

So yeah some miracles do happen.

BoCoDad

Not cool. When I bought my 4S, it went straight into an OtterBox Defender. The thing was in mint condition when I sent it off. Followed ALL directions explicitly.

$36???

I don't think so.

They'll be hearing from me first thing Monday morning.

ARRRRGH!

0 Likes
blps53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mstantz-

So happy you got your full refund. I would love to same the same. I have only gotten the email with $36 back. I love the comment you made about wanting the phone back but they can't do that, but they can somehow track it down to retest it?! I highly doubt that!

I did get an email back which was a standard thanks for your message please call us for further assistance. It hasn't gotten me anywhere yet, but they haven't heard the last of me.

Has anyone contacted their state attorney general for help with this matter? I know some of you have gone to the BBB for help. I'm blown away by the volume of people this has effected.

I hope Verizon will do the right thing and get this matter resolved FAST!

Thanks

0 Likes
jlegs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my email today and was told I was getting $36 for a phone I had replaced under warranty three days prior to the trade-in.  The email didn't state why, so I went to the trade-in website where the explanation was "LCD is not working - LCD LED Back light Burn Out/Dark Screen".  This is total BS.  The only way there would have been anything wrong with that phone is if it was damaged in shipping or mishandled by the trade-in service.  I left a nasty message on the trade-in website, but like previous attempts, I doubt I'll ever hear back from them.  I also e-mail the regional VP of Verizon for my area to express my frustration with the whole process and demanded my full $200.  We'll see how that goes.  If anybody else wants to try that route, here is the list of VPs:  Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Mnmi987

I just received a $36 gift card for my wife's perfect iPhone 4 trade-in instead of the appraised and expected $200. I called the Trade-in help number (877) 247-3846 and spoke to a rep within 5 minutes. I was told the LCD was cracked/inoperable. This phone was in perfect shape when we mailed it in and we have the Verizon phone records to prove it. The rep said that she would file an escalation and that I should expect an email within 14 business days. Being loyal and longstanding Verizon customers my wife and I hope that this issue gets resolved soon. The trade-in program was the reason that we chose to upgrade to iPhone 6 models. I have yet to receive any information on the other phone I sent in and have found the website to check the status of trade-ins to be worthless.

0 Likes
BoCoDad

I spoke with the Rebate Center this morning and the whole thing went off exactly as described by others here. "LCD screen unresponsive", etc.

I HIGHLY recommend that everyone contact their States Attorney's Office. Fill out a consumer complaint form either online, or print and mail it. I spoke with them this morning.  I was told to list Verizon's corporate address on the form.

0 Likes
jlegs
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a message to the Verizon regional President of the Great Plains region (the region I'm in) three days ago and got a call from a person in the executive relations office today, apologizing for the problems I had (a three-day old refurb phone that I was told had a burned out LCD and was offered $36) and he applied the remaining $164 to my account as a credit.  I would encourage everyone to do the same thing.  Here's the link: Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

june1970
Enthusiast - Level 1

Total fraud. Should be a class action lawsuit at some point.