If I change my phone number online,
sc33

I won't lose anything from my phone, will I?  (contacts, etc.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I change my phone number online,
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The one thing that I know that will be lost is any voicemail you might have saved on the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tremontij
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I changed my number back a few months ago, I know I didn't lose anything on my phone like my contacts, pictures, emails. Everything was still there. Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning sc33.

This is a really good question.  If you change your mobile number, everything will remain the same on your phone, as far as your data, contacts, etc. As Ann154 mentioned, you will need to reset your voice mail, and messages may be deleted.  Once the number is changed, you will need to program the number into the phone by dialing *228 [send], option 1.  When completed, restart the phone. 

The bigger issue would be to make sure changes are done as close to your bill cycle date as possible. This will avoid prorated charges, allowance, usage, etc. If it has to be done On Demand, just make sure you're aware of what you've used, and what your remaining allowance of minutes, texts, data will be for the rest of your bill cycle. After your number is changed, you will not be able to see what's been used prior to the change until your bill is generated.  Therefore, it may be a good idea to even write down what you usage is.

I trust this information is helpful.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes