If I purchase a device and service from a Verizon authorized store, and have a receipt proving the status of my plan, can Verizon really ignore it?
quiksilvr90

I purchased a device from Best Buy which stated on both the "review & submit" page, the order completion page, and the confirmation email. that my plan and data plan would stay the same. Verizon changed my data plan after the activation, even though the Best Buy associate in store confirmed that everything would stay the same. Verizon changed my data plan and refused to reinstate my unlimited data, stating that their policy dictated that unlimited data is not available with the purchase of a new device at the two year contract price.

My point of all this is that Verizon authorizes Best Buy to make these sales, then refuses to honor them? I have receipts confirming my order. A receipt is supposed to be your proof of purchase. And what is the point in using a receipt in proving what you bought, when Verizon can just say that it doesn't matter what my receipt says.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I purchase a device and service from a Verizon authorized store, and have a receipt proving the status of my plan, can Verizon really ignore it?
Not applicable

That makes no difference if you purchase in a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store or at Best Buy.

Once you purchase a subsidized device you lose unlimited data.

However if buying at full price at the Verizon Wireless Corporate Store or using Verizon's Device Payment Plan (Not Edge Program) you would be able to keep unlimited data.

If you buy even at full price at a reseller like Best Buy their in store computers cannot let you keep unlimited data no matter what they told you its a done deal. You have lost it.

The other line you will be handed is if you return everything and pay a $35 restocking fee the unlimited can be returned. That is a LIE, they at Verizon will say they are requesting it to be put back on your account, but will tell you it cannot be done even when you return everything because the plan is no longer offered and that it takes approval from god knows who, but it will not be placed back on your account.

Good Luck

0 Likes