If I sign up for an Edge plan, will the discounted monthly access fee continue after my phone is paid off (don't plan to upgrade)?
WisconsinMom

If I sign up for an Edge plan, will the discounted monthly access fee continue after my phone is paid off (don't plan to upgrade)?  For me, Edge ends up being a little more expensive, but if the discount continues, it may be more beneficial in the long run.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I sign up for an Edge plan, will the discounted monthly access fee continue after my phone is paid off (don't plan to upgrade)?
rcschnoor
Legend

No it will not continue after you have paid off the phone.

However, there is currently a month to month discount which is equal to the Edge discount. Once you pay off your phone, you would qualify for this month to month discount if it is still available. You have to go into your MyVerizon account and add the month to month discount when you become eligible.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: If I sign up for an Edge plan, will the discounted monthly access fee continue after my phone is paid off (don't plan to upgrade)?
rcschnoor
Legend

No it will not continue after you have paid off the phone.

However, there is currently a month to month discount which is equal to the Edge discount. Once you pay off your phone, you would qualify for this month to month discount if it is still available. You have to go into your MyVerizon account and add the month to month discount when you become eligible.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

WisconsinMom wrote:

For me, Edge ends up being a little more expensive

How much data allowance do you have? If you have a 6 GB or greater data allowance, Edge should not be more expensive.

Which phone are you purchasing? What is your data allowance?

0 Likes
WisconsinMom

only 1G data

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, with only 1 GB of data allowance, Edge is a bit more expensive since you are only getting the $15/month line access fee discount instead of the $25/month line access fee discount.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IN your case, as long as you are staying put for another 2 years, the 2 year subsidy plan works out cheaper.

at the end of 2 years, you can request the out of contract discount. 

0 Likes