If you want a myverizon account for your prepaid BYOP you're out of luck
ithoughtthiswassuppos

So, you can bring your own device from another network and port your number.  But then you can't manage your account because you can't register on myverizon and you can't call any customer service numbers from your mobile because after you enter your phone number it always says "I'm having technical difficulty, please try again later."  And if you do call customer service from a landline or visit the local verizon store you hear 6 different stories, but all of them end with you being out of luck because your phone isn't a "verizon phone".  But why does it work on this network then and why did your website say I could bring it to this network when I entered the device's MEID number?

>> Subject edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If you want a myverizon account for your prepaid BYOP you're out of luck
Not applicable
0 Likes
ithoughtthiswassuppos

tried that page loads of times in the last 2 weeks.  phone makes and receives calls great (except it can't call *611 or any verizon customer service numbers---just gets a "I'm having some technical difficulty, please try again later."  Pulls up internet pages blazing fast.  But try to register on that link by putting in the phone number and every time it just says   "Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."  C'mon now someone please tell me the truth.  Are the services really "temporarily down" or are they "permanently down" and I might as well look for another network where I can actually manage my account online.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't know how you even got a phone form another carrier to even work on Verizon. which carrier did you bring it from? Other carrier use different technologies and frequencies most of which are not compatible with Verizon's network. That why you should have the proper device for whatever network you're using. If I switch carriers I'm not taking my phone with me. I'm selling it and getting the PROPER device for the PROPER network. And I'll a void a ton of issues.

0 Likes
kindie75
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the exact same boat!  I went from a postpaid acct with verizon to a prepaid and I can't register on myverizon.  When I try it says that my number is already registered. So I try to log in and it says that my number is not registered....Just a big run around......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's clear this up and get you access to My Verizon on your prepaid account kindie75. Follow me and send a DM.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kindie75
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot cause you have to follow me back before I can send you a DM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience, kindie75! I will personally send you a private message.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes