Immediate info on call origin?
zgirl8

I know that if you wait for a billing cycle to end, you can see the actual geographical location calls were made from, based on the nearest tower.

Is there any way to get this info sooner by calling customer service? I need to know the location of one of the phones on my account and I don't want to have to wait weeks to know if I should be mad or not!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Immediate info on call origin?
Wildman
Legend

Search the Play Store for a app called "Reverse Lookup", this application has worked well for me..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esmobile.reverselookupfree&feature=search_result#?...

0 Likes
zgirl8

I think you misunderstand...I need to know the origin of the calls made from a phone on my account (geographic location of the phone when calls were made), not the area code location of a number.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok bare with me because I need to verify what I understand you are wanting...   You want a method to see where you where located (Your Device) when you placed a call?   Also you can log into online MyVerizon account and see any informaton on calls before they bill..

If this is the case I do not think this information is even availible on the bill, it normally shows that you where roaming and if you are peek and off-peak.. 

The location that usually show next to number is the location for the other phone number that called or was called.

0 Likes
zgirl8

Not my device, but another device on my account (I am the account owner), but yes. It IS available on the online bill, under "call details". It shows the "origin" of calls made by phones on your account. The physical location of the phone, based on the cell tower used, NOT on the home area code of the account. (If you haven't ever looked at this you should, it's actually kinda cool)

The call details on "current usage" on the website are just the phone numbers, and location can only be determined by the home area code. You have to wait until the actual bill comes out to see cell tower origin info.

My question is, do I have to wait for the bill to come out? Or can Verizon provide this info immediately? I will probably just call them and ask, but I was hoping someone would know.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If I had to guess I would say this info wouldn't be available until the bill is cut but you might want to check to verify with CS..

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I just check my bills and I can't seem to see the differance in the numbers to identify the area you are located at time of call, all bills only shows is the other number that your phone talked to.

I must be overlooking something.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you sign into My Verizon, click on "Online Bill", then the "Usage Details" tab, then "View All Voice Details" it will show you the origination location and destination location.

It doesn't appear that this information is available until it has been billed, though.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ok, Thanks for this information, I never noticed this option because I never when into the Detailed options..

0 Likes