Incoming Calls go to Message Management, Says my # is Not Valid
mjockel

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I can send and receive calls and texts, but unanswered incoming calls go to Message Management, which will not accept my number when I try to access it. This must have started in the last week or two. Resetting network settings did nothing. I've searched this forum for similar topics and tried the various solutions to no avail. Short of waiting all day/night waiting for an available representative, can anyone offer help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming Calls go to Message Management, Says my # is Not Valid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That certainly is not the experience we prefer to hear from our customers, mjockel. I am glad to hear you're able to make and receive phone calls, but not being able to check on your missed calls in never ideal. You've come to the right place to get assistance. So we can get started on the right path, can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'Message Management'?

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mjockel

If I dial *86 or call my phone from another line and let it go to voicemail, I hear "Welcome to the message management system. Please enter your mailbox number." After entering my number I hear "This is not a valid mailbox number. Please try again." This is what others hear when they call my phone and I don't answer. Also, when I log into My Verizon I see "This device is suspended", yet my account is active.

According to a search in this forum, someone suggested a detailed check of the routings and the provisions.

0 Likes
Convergence

There appears to be no solution for this...

0 Likes
Cgrayhoffman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been having this problem for 4 months now and I’ve spent hours and hours on the phone with Verizon and in the stores. I’ve been conned into a new phone, a new phone number after 15 years! And now my phone is still doing it. I am beyond furious and losing business! 
I need to talk to the CEO immediately. 😆 send help! SOS! 

Tags (1)
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cgrayhoffer, we are here for you to help in any way we can! So we can begin, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes