Re: Incompetent or Liars?
NRS_LAW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let's start a class action...Verizon has ripped me off in the pass, too.

Not applicable

Please read your contract. There are no more class actions. Just single small claims court or arbitration . Never arbitrate

0 Likes
Hosschick
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON SERVICE COVERAGE AREA IS A LIE! I guess then other people will be figuring them out to know they are not what they seem regardless of how much they spend on comercials!

0 Likes
Hosschick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thier support staff is trained to not let even one customer go unless they pay first... so how is that good customer service?

If there was good customer service they would let them go and hope for their return without paying through the nose to leave!

0 Likes
Hosschick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im thinking of taking it to the Better Buisiness Bureau but ... its all the time involved getting through the red tape to get something concrete on file with this MONSTER !

Hosschick
Enthusiast - Level 2

AMEN TO THAT ! ... Im waiting... I want everyone to know the TRUTH!

CustServIsBeat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't be bothered to read through 9 pages of this, i made it to like page 3 before deciding to risk being out of context/repeating someone else and just mentioning afew points.  It's abit of reading, i apologize, i can't keep any expressed thought short.  There's a kind of summary at the bottom if your not up to reading for like 2-3 minutes.

The verizon online store and the verizon wireless store you go to in person should be concidered two seperate entities, to a point.  They are the same company, but they don't seem to know one another's rules, and the live store personnel seem to take offense to customers ordering phones online and picking them up in store.  Doing so usually gives you likea $50-75 discount ontop of the two year contract price, which i guess cuts into their comission.  Like with my story this past week, which goes like this.

Last friday, i was on this site looking at which phone i should upgrade to, as i was up for a renewal.  Picked the lumia 928, which was $50 cheaper online than in store.  Chose to pick the phone up in store, and an hour later(10:33pm est) i got an email, saying it was ready for pickup.  They had closed at 9pm(this is important abit later).  So, sat morningish, i mosey'd on down to the store, ready to pay $49.99 for my new phone.  Ended up paying like $118 or so, because as everyone seems to be experiencing, verizon isn't making enough money so they need to hit loyal customers with extra fees as a reward for their loyalty.  After afew days, i decided to take them up on the offer of returning the phone within 14 days.  I'm too used to android, and although the lumia 928 was a very nice piece of equipment, and i figured it out fine, i just didn't <i>like</i> the windows interface.  I think people coming from iPhones might have an easier transition, but losing swype, and the available apps severely lessened(even it's facebook app was missing crucial features, like editing your profile for the most part, and having to just 'upload photo to facebook' and hope it goes where i want it, and maybe add a caption or something from a pc later).  I'm sure in time, since the whole WP world is still pretty young, most of these problems'll be taken care of, but i digress.

I called the same store, went thru the prompts to get to a rep, and told em i was told i had 14 days to return the phone, and i'd like to trade it for something else.  She asked why and what phone did i want instead.  Shouldn't matter why, i had 14 days to change my mind, and i changed it.  But, i told her i'm too used to android to comfortably use the windows interface and i don't wanna be stuck with it for two years.  And she basically starts telling me i should be happy with the phone i have, that 'windows phone has all the same things android has', pretty much making me feel like my opinions/feelings were wrong.  So, she put my phone/acct info into her computer, and saw i'd ordered it online.  So she then starts telling me that i am going to have to return it online, i.e. send it 'back' and order a new phone.  After getting off the phone, i thought 'this can't be right.  I picked it up from the store' so i called back, entering different props to speak to someone else, and spoke to a man who i told the same thing.  He then told me that i did inface have to send it back to verizon, because i picked it out online and 'they had to have the phone shipped to the store for me to pickup(fedex would've had to deliver the phone in less than an hour of the order coming into existance and get it into the store after hours), and kept telling me to use the search feature in the topright corner of the page to search for 'return shipping label', print it out, stick my lumia in a box and take it to fedex for it to be shipped to 'the warehouse' from whence it came.  Then, within 1-2 weeks, upon the 'warehouse' receiving my phone, making sure no damage/water damage/scratches and whatnot before refunding the money and letting me choose a different phone.  But not to worry, they would waive the activation fee since i'd already payed it, as though this was some consolation.  So first, that shipping label he told me to get i couldn't find, typing the exact search term in as he was telling it to me several times, so i got frustrated and fast forward to today.

I came here, to the site, and livechatted with a verizon rep(and made sure to email myself the convo afterwards with the convo's id number), and the very helpful girl there told me that your supposed to, are encouraged to use the online store and either ship or pickup in store:something about saving the company time and labor, something about overhead.  That's why many things are discounted from ordering them online.  So, it was infact an instore purchase, and i was to return it to the store and exchange it there.  And so i did.  However, the phone i'd picked out(spectrum 2, free w/upgrade online) was only free online.  The guy was really helpful though, he refunded me even for the phone cover which was obviously out of the package and had been used on the phone less than a week.  The instore price was gonna be 129.99 with a $50 rebate of some sort, so i tried the 'okay, just take the lumia back and i'll order the phone online from my other/old phone, in store, and then get it for free.  Which is what happened, with the only slight hiccup being that after returning a phone within 14 days, you have to wait until the following day before you can use the upgrade again.  So no biggie, i just go pick it up tomorrow, and pay them back all the fees they'd refunded me from returning the lumia(minus the $35 restock fee).

So from this, i've learned this.

*Verizon employees are very hit and miss, and it does seem unclear as to if the bad employees are doing it on purpose, or were just poorly trained.  Either way, verizon is responsible for it's representitives/employees, as they are representing the corporation to the people giving the company it's business, which really the corp should look at our business as their lifeblood, without us, they don't make no money.

*If at first you don't succeed: looking back, i knew it wasn't right was i was being told, so i tried a dfferent rep.  Still didn't get the right answer, tried a third, and it turned out to be the charm

*I wanted to say that P.O. boxes do come in different sizes, like you can pay abit more for a bigger po box, and i have seen the big ol' lockers at the bottom, but i just assumed that was the largest size you can rent out, which may be true.  But apparently, earlier someone'd said if you get something big, they put it in a big locker and put the key to it in your small one.  And/or they just hang onto it in back, and you ask em at the counter 'do i have a package?'

*Verizon did do some good in the sandy aftermath, but that doesn't allow them to have crappy service.  If your employees are stupid, train them again(or better).  If they're jerks, sensitivity training, or fire em.  I'm sure they get plenty of complaints to the tune of 'CSR (insert name) did/was/said (insert complaint), so they can find out easily enough which employees suck and need to be corrected.

*And reversely, i'm gonna leave a good review/kudos or something for the online csr and the 4th instore emplloyee who took my return, and was just nice about it.  People do like to complain, and for good reason.  They hope bringing attention to the problem might get it resolved.  Just the same, letting them know when they do well lets them know what to continue doing, positive reenforcement.

I'm sorry this was so long.  I'm hoping i don't get hit with any surprises and just get to have my phone, and THEN i'm gonna bring it to someone's attention that these two employees were trying to get me to ship my phone to a warehouse it didn't belong in, where it would have subsequently gotten lost because it didn't belong there and nobody knew what to do with it, assuming it made it 'there' at all.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

The store employees simply lied to you. A return is always a NO-NO and it's looked-down upon on the rep/store doing the return, even if the rep/store wasn't the original seller. They simply lied to you.

Not applicable

I see you took my advice from the other thread you made.

I told you verizon was scamming you. If the phone was from store stock, it would go to the store. Return label to whom? The warehouse? Thd local store? I told you it made no common sense.

Glad it worked out for you.

0 Likes
VirginMobileslookingg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can hardly wait until I see if I get an early upgrade. A CSR rep is going to talk to her supervisor (the T.P. guy) and see if it's possible. I spent the entire day trying to switch devices. What I should have been able to do online took all day because Verizon decided I probably wasn't going to use my other phone again and assigned my Device ID # to some prepaid phone they sold to someone else. Now I can't activate my other phone and neither can Verizon. If there are enough numbers in the world for everyone to have their own phone number, why can't everyone have their own EIN number for each phone? The CSR rep assured me this only happens once in a million times. They tried to sell me a phone, telling me I would actually own the equipment. Big woop. Now they're going to see if the supervisor can do my upgrade early. After reading your comment, I'm not going to hold my breath. The CSR rep talked to her sup today and what it boils down to is the fact that I already have a phone I own but can never activate because VERIZON gave my device number to someone else. Why is it when Verizon screws up, the customer is supposed to jump through hoops to get a problem fixed and we are supposed to feel grateful if this supervisor has the brain matter to fix the issue.  For days I have been out a phone while they tried to figure out why I couldn't switch devices and now I get to go another 1 or 2 days to get an answer of what her supervisor might be able to do. I now realize that the odds of winning the lottery might be better than getting that early upgrade, so will close now to go buy a ticket.