Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Inconsistent LTE Speeds - 29349
Bla14

Hi, I recently noticed that I am getting inconsistent data speeds in ZIP Code 29349. It fluctutates a lot, and I recently dropped my phone. It didn't do any noticeable damage, though. I think a big problem is that there is a large high school next to me, which uses a lot of data throughout the day. Can someone check on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Inconsistent LTE Speeds - 29349
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bla14, cell phones have become an indispensable part of our every day lives. Staying connected with reliable consistent data speeds is critical. I checked the zip code yprovided, there are no alerts open for service issues. The 29349 area shows good 4g LTE coverage.

Although review of your area shows no interruption of service or scheduled maintenance, we would be happy to continue to troubleshoot to isolate the problem. What is the make/model of your phone? How long have you been experiencing inconsistent data speeds? Do you know of others with a similar issue?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bla14

iPhone 8. For about 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. If you are on the Go Unlimited plan, you may see fluctuations in speeds depending on network congestion. The more common steps to fix these issues are here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1589824#1589824 . If you sign in, it will keep track of the steps completed.

0 Likes
Bla14

But a lot of times it switches to 3g when I travel also. I have to reset the connection every time

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bla14, I appreciate the details and thanks for your patience. Let's work together to focus on a resolution for you. You mention you have to reset the connection, how exactly are your performing this step on your iPhone?

Please confirm that your iPhone is running on the latest software version. You can go to Settings, General and Software Update. This ensures the phone also has the latest Carrier Updates that come from Verizon. You can also reference our online Troubleshooting Assitant at the link below for further steps you can take to remedy this issue. Please keep us posted on any changes and I hope this information is beneficial going forward. http://spr.ly/6585D5QuS

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes