Re: Indetity theft, in-store fraud and no help from VZW
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

LISSAB21,

I'm terribly sorry to hear you're going through this. We don't want a fraud issue to effect you and are committed to solving any trouble. I have sent you a PM to help solve this. Please respond so we can make sure it is fully taken care of.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LISSAB21

Okay I'm responding

0 Likes
lmauster
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello,

you may think your responses are helpful, but they only reinforce the original poster (and other replies), point.

0 Likes
lmauster
Enthusiast - Level 2

w-o-w.

0 Likes
lmauster
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi andrew,

if you're ACTUALLY trying to help your customers, then have someone, anyone call me who can keep the promises made to me by your company on 11/28/16,

you have my # - thx

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

lmauster wrote:

hello,

you may think your responses are helpful, but they only reinforce the original poster (and other replies), point.

Each and every person is responsible for securing their own accounts.  If someone accessed the OP account (or yours)  either it's and inside job or your security is lax.  In either case, the information is correct.  File a police report and change your passwords. 

You can learn more here.  (I'm a member, but anyone can read)

http://www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/technology/privacy_security/2012-02/Internet-Safety-Tips-eBook....

The least secure accounts are email.  This is how many account passwords can be changed.  Once people access your email, they know who you do business with, and can hit "forgot password". In 5 minutes they gain access just because they figured out you email address.

My email was hacked years ago.  Now they have 2 step authorization so no one but me gets in. 

0 Likes