Insurance Scam
Acchah

I just found out that Verizon has been charging the four phones on my business account $11 dollars each for insurance the past two years. They have on record that I have declined insurance in the past. They stated it was the result of a glitch in their system. That being said they refuse to reimburse the monies except for the past six months. Cancelled my two new phone purchases, filling consumer complaint with the FCC, and letting everyone I can reach out to in social media about Verizon's dishonesty. This will cost them much more than a full refund.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insurance Scam
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I mean its your responsibility as a customer to look at your bill. if the charge has been on there the whole time there is not much you can do about it according to the customer agreement you only have 180 days to dispute charges (I'm gonna paste the section of the agreement you can find at this link => https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

You will need this information if you plan on disputing any charges)

How and when can I dispute charges?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why didn't you or someone in your company review the bill before paying it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Acchah

As the owner of a company with over eighty employees I trust that companies, like Verizon, are not going to modify plans fraudulently. I typically review plans when "I" make changes. Buying a new phone this holiday, surprise! Unfortunately the bookkeeper doesn't know what i negotiate or "not" on my account.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I mean its your responsibility as a customer to look at your bill. if the charge has been on there the whole time there is not much you can do about it according to the customer agreement you only have 180 days to dispute charges (I'm gonna paste the section of the agreement you can find at this link => https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

You will need this information if you plan on disputing any charges)

How and when can I dispute charges?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

0 Likes
Acchah

As a Verizon representative you are missing the point. A representative of Verizon committed fraud. There is the legal nuances that you can argue to the cows come home. If one of my employees commit fraud, I will stand by whats right regardless of the fine print.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The person you replied to isn't a VZW rep or employee of VZW. Neither am I. This community is primarily a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Support.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Acchah

"Not a direct link to customer support". Still hanging onto nuances. Bottom line, do you think it is appropriate for any "Verizon employee" to fraudulently add services to a business account without customer consent? What do you think the resolution for such behavior such be? 

0 Likes
Acchah

Update. It appears they added Verizon Navigator was also added to three of the phones at the time at $4.99 a month each. All the phones (two are iphones) have navigation services.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Not reading your bill is not anyone else's fault.

mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not a rep I'm actually a relatively new vzw customer who happens to look at their bills before I pay them and read paperwork before signing it.