Insurance and water damage?
TMPM57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want some clarity. When I was reviewing the insurance coverage online when selecting my upgrade I was annoyed/shocked that it said that water damage was not covered by insurance yet the brochure that came with the delivery of my new phone states in the very first paragraph that "you're even covered for water damage".  Which is correct.  Where is the official contract that I can quote from if there are issues?  I don't own a boat or live near water but my last phone slipped out of my pocket right into the toilet on the 4th day.  I plan on being careful but I need to know what is covered and where the actual contract is located.  THANKS!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance and water damage?
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Look at the brochure and contact the carrier of the insurance. They probably know you don't own a boat or live near water, that's why it says water damage covered. It does NOT cover urine damage.

Re: Insurance and water damage?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TMPM57!

Great news! With the insurance protection that Asurion provides, it does cover physical damage AND liquid damage! Not to mention it covers if the device is ever lost or stolen! You can use http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/lookup to check on the coverage yourself! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes