Insurance claim question
robkonis

When you file an insurance claim, do you get a new phone or refurbished phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insurance claim question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Generally a refurbished device. If the phone is a recent release, then the devices might be a new device if the insurance company doesn't have any refurbished devices yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Generally a refurbished device. If the phone is a recent release, then the devices might be a new device if the insurance company doesn't have any refurbished devices yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robkonis, I understand your concern. All remanufactured devices are of like-new quality and provide a higher likelihood of receiving an exact or very similar device to the one that is being replaced. In the event your replacement is not new, rest assured that the remanufactured device has been thoroughly inspected. Each device meets high quality standards by having passed a 100 point inspection, visual cosmetic inspection, and an advanced manual and electronic inspection. You will also receive a 1-year warranty on the phone.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Pauly735

Can you direct me to where in the "Terms and Conditions" it states you will receive a refurbished device instead of a new one? I read over it and I couldn't find it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

File a phone insurance claim for your Verizon Wireless device

0 Likes
Pauly735

Right. I have that. It's a jumble of legalese. Can you please refer to the section and or subsection?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I choose to not carry insurance for my phones. I have yet to break one since my first smartphone purchase in 2009. The extent of my knowledge about the phone insurance policy is where to find the phone claim website and how to decline in whenever I purchase a new phone.

If the site is searchable, I would suggest looking for keywords like replacement or similar wording to locate the various sections of the agreement and terms.  When you have found those words, you can read that particular clause and the surrounding sections to process it mentally in smaller chunks instead of the entire document at once. That's what do if I'm looking for a specific topic in the various agreements I occasionally have to reference through my job.

0 Likes
LKRENSHAW

A one year warranty on the refurbished phone is a joke then. You're paying nearly full price to receive a refurbished phone and then it may break within a year. Ridiculous.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please refer to the information that was mailed to you by Asurion when you purchased the new device and added the insurance feature. This will explain everything that you are asking.

The insurance company is not subject to the manufacturer's rules.

However, manufacturer's warranty is 1 year and states that if they need to replace it can be with a new or like new product.

What is the reason that you will have to make an insurance claim?

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

The warranty on a new phone is one year. Why would you expect more on a replacement?

0 Likes