Insurance issues, read between the lined policies, and poor service.
enderily

I've been without a phone for approximately 5 months. Today, I decided to go into the store and just buy a new phone because of these exact problems, but an employee insisted that I file a claim online, and it would be a "simple, easy process". From previous experience with Verizon's "lovely" online customer service I was really not interested, but left anyways with the benefit of the doubt. I used the "Asurion" service and spent much wasted time filling in information only to find that I wasn't even eligible for a replacement because I had not made a claim 60 days beforehand. After telling the employee about my situation which included the fact I hadn't done anything about my phone for the past 5 months, I was not informed of this 60 day policy. So is my only option buying (at the cheapest price for a smart phone) a $300 phone or is there any possible way I can get some help with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insurance issues, read between the lined policies, and poor service.
Not applicable

If you purchased an insurance policy for your phone, any claim would be between you and the insurance company.  That is not Verizon.  Read the terms of your policy and see what it says.  Now, if you are still within your Verizon 1 year warranty period and the phone is defective, you can call Verizon at *611 and discuss getting a replacement phone covered under your warranty.  If this issue is not covered by your Verizon warranty and your insurance company has denied your claim, your only option is to purchase a new phone.  If you are 20 months or more into your 2 year Verizon contract, you can purchase a new subsidized phone.  If you are less than 20 months into your contract, you would have to pay full retail price.  Another option would be to add a new line of service and purchase a new subsidized phone and then cancel your current line when your 2 year contract expires.

PS:  I just looked at the Asurion brochure on-line and it clearly states they do not honor claims filed after 60 days.

http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/lookup

0 Likes