Intermittent issues with text-message and phone calls
Eutychus
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I each have a Motorola Razor smartphone, and over the last three weeks, we have been having issues with the Verizon network.

When sending text-messages to one another, error messages would populate on the phone and the text-messages would never be sent, despite several attempts to resend the messages.  Furthermore, when we try to call one another, an automated message from Verizon keeps stating that our numbers are "no longer in service."  I have no idea what issues Verizon is having with their network in regards to my account.

When we were with Sprint, we did not have these issues.  We only switched to Verizon due to the coverage in a rural area not being available under the Sprint network.  Nonetheless, if I pay for cell phone service, I expect for the service to work everyday all day.  So far, we have been experiencing intermittent connectivity between text-messaging and phone calls with the Verizon network.  Needless to say, this is utterly unacceptable.

This post was written 29 minutes past midnight on July 20, 2014 (12:29 am).

Labels (1)
Re: Intermittent issues with text-message and phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very disappointed to see the troubles you've been experiencing with your services, Eutychus. With the error you're receiving on calls, do you receive that immediately when calling the phone or does it ring a few times and go to that recordning instead of voicemail? Is it every call to each other? I'd suggest to start by dialing *73 and pressing send on each phone. You will hear a few beeps then the call will end. This will ensure no call forwarding was accidentaly activated to an invalid number causing the message.

We are also working closely with Motorola to investigate the root cause of any text messaging troubles. Does this only occur when sending text between your two lines? Are you using any messaging application from Google's Play Store? If you reboot your phone, does the text go through?

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Eutychus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, the phone rings before it goes to that automated recording about the

phone no longer being in service. In regards to the text messages, it only

happens in between the two lines on my account.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eutychus,

Since this is happening on both lines on your account I would like to take a closer look at the network for you. Please send me a direct message: http://vz.to/1v0uLEw

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter

0 Likes
RacingGreen
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a reply, it is another report.

I am in Greenville, South Carolina and have been having similar problems with very spotty VZ service. Sometimes texts are sent, sometimes I get repeated messages that the phone cannot connect. Sometimes, in the middle of texting with someone, I suddenly cannot receive their messages any more, especially if photos or links are attached. Typically this 'outage' will last at least several hours.

I am using a Nokia Icon; my neighbor has similar issues and uses an iPhone on VZ.

What is wrong with the coverage here that makes it so unreliable?

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

i know the feeling Verizon has changed a lot. noting like they use to be. so has there customer service.check my speed test and i also get 1 bar out door around my area is bad i am thinking about changing to att or tmobile .and i am in fortlauderdale the city.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chino266,

Our top priority is to provide you with the best service possible, we don't want you to feel this way and certainly don't want to see you go. Let's get to the bottom of this and get consistent service back on your phone. I looked into the area and looks great at first sight. When did this start? What device model do you have? Do you notice problems in specific locations?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the iPhone 5s and horrible signal I have pic of me out side with 1 bar I may be moving to a different carrier soon I ask to upgrade my phone they told me no no help what can I do

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the problem every where

0 Likes
Chino266
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel like they don't wanna help we change phones and SIM cards still same issues

0 Likes