International Phone Plans for Active Duty Military
djones8226
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to get with the program and update their outdated international plans for service members. Their international plans have not changed in 20 years. Offering up to $25 discount for 2-5 lines does not assist with international plans when the travel plan options cost $10 per day or $100 a month with unlimited incoming text, 1,000 outgoing text, and 250 call minutes. If the service member is deployed, 250 talk minutes and 1,000 outgoing text messages can be used within the first 10-15 days of the month. Other carriers at least offer free unlimited text messaging to service members deployed at no additional costs. 
I was extremely disappointed to find out the options Verizon offered. We have been loyal customers for over 21 years and realize It’s finally time for a change. 

Re: International Phone Plans for Active Duty Military
djones8226
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon customer service representatives are unaware of the plan options and how to properly assist customers and should be trained better. I had two separate calls about the same thing and received two different answers. One rep said that Verizon offered free text messages to deployed service members if they are eligible. Go to Verizon.com/military and complete the registration process, then you will be enrolled and the service member will receive free incoming and outgoing text messaging during deployments. We were disconnected prior to the rep verifying the service was added. I received a text message stating we were accidentally disconnected and someone would contact me shortly, which never happened. I called back and the gentlemen informed me that the previous rep was incorrect and provided me the only travel plan options available. I explained to him that the current international options offered to service members were unacceptable and too expensive. Deployed service members and their families are already under enough stress and pressure that they should not have to worry or stress about a high phone bill because Verizon’s international plans aren’t affordable or reasonable. 
Verizon needs to do better and offer more affordable international plans for deployed service members and military families.