International Travel Data usage
RONWRIGHT22

Has anyone else been [removed] by the default international data usage setting on your Droid "smart" phone.  I receive this on my bill:

Usage While Traveling Outside the US (Pay-as-You-Go)

International Data - Cruise

kilobytes

$85.98

Ship
No sympathy from customer services.  I am looking at changing carriers to one who has this stuff covered when you are traveling and doesn't nickel and dime you to death when traveling
Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service
Message edited by Verizon Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Travel Data usage
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

This $85.98 was charged by your cruise ship because you used their system on board their ship. It has nothing to do with Verizon except it is billed to you thru Verizon. I have been on many cruises and they all offer you a package to reduce the per minute cost of using their systems while at sea.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This stuff is covered when you travel.  All you had to do is make sure TravelPass was added to you account and  if you didn't want to use data, turn cellular data off on the phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RON WRIGHT,

We understand traveling can be stressful. We do have plans that can help make traveling easier. Did you discuss any options with us before you left? Check out our International Travel http://vz.to/1RvAnke options.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

This $85.98 was charged by your cruise ship because you used their system on board their ship. It has nothing to do with Verizon except it is billed to you thru Verizon. I have been on many cruises and they all offer you a package to reduce the per minute cost of using their systems while at sea.

0 Likes