International Usage
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to clarify what appears to be inconsistencies with the way international usage information is displayed.

I added an International pay as you go plan to my account. I am in Panama, and according to the table of information displayed for this country, I have a few choices. I can get a $20 bundle (which seems to have no voice usage) or I can get a $40 bundle and have 100 minutes available. This information is contained in the first table on the international trip planner page.

Just below this is another table indicating that a bundle plan is available. In the voice column, it states ONLY that voice is $1.79. NOTHING mentions whether it's per call or per minute. I've been trying to get this clarified via social media with Verizon, and they sent me an e-mail with rate plans that show the following:

$40 and $85 bundles

Pay as you go: voice @ $1.79/minute.

Device is the Droid Turbo in Saphire Blue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c_brookhart,

I apologize for any confusion regarding pricing for international plans. We definitely want to make sure everything is clear. The plan options are as follows:

$40 bundle= 100 mins of talk, 100 sent text messages, & 100 MB of data

$85 bundle= 250 mins of talk, 250 sent text messages, & 250 MB of data

If you are currently on the More Everything plan the bundles include unlimited incoming messages for no additonal cost.

The data only plans are:

$25= 100 MB of data

$50= 250 MB of data

Pay as you go:

$1.79 per minute

$0.50 per sent message

$0.05 per received message

$2.05 per MB of data used.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

So what is your question?

It looks like it's $1.79/minute, but I see they are now saying the bundles are $40 and $85 - do they say what is included in them?

Could there perhaps be a $20, $40 or $85?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

c_brookhart,

I apologize for any confusion regarding pricing for international plans. We definitely want to make sure everything is clear. The plan options are as follows:

$40 bundle= 100 mins of talk, 100 sent text messages, & 100 MB of data

$85 bundle= 250 mins of talk, 250 sent text messages, & 250 MB of data

If you are currently on the More Everything plan the bundles include unlimited incoming messages for no additonal cost.

The data only plans are:

$25= 100 MB of data

$50= 250 MB of data

Pay as you go:

$1.79 per minute

$0.50 per sent message

$0.05 per received message

$2.05 per MB of data used.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the clarification.

It would be nice to see some consistency with the international plans, given that the International Trip Planner says one thing and the e-mail I received with rates says something entirely different.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I think there are a few factors at play when cost is figured out:

1. What plan you are on currently

2. Where you are going

3. If you do pay as you go or a preferred international plan (availability will depend on 2.)

I would just look at the final price if you add the feature online before hitting submit.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

if you are using the phone or even have it turned on in Panama, get one of the bundles, do not stay pay as you go. you run the real risk of thousands of dollars in data overage.  You can literally run up a thousand dollars in a few minutes with unintended data use on pay as you go. 

0 Likes
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

The main issue that I had a problem with is the fact that the International Trip planner does NOT make it clear that for pay as you go voice (in Panama) is $1.79/min, whereas in speaking with Verizon reps on Social Media and as posted by the Verizon rep in this thread, the rate is clearly $1.79/min.

Now as far as usage goes in Panama, I have mobile data turned off. I look for open WiFi, and use wireless for data. As for voice, I'm using an app that hopefully runs the calls through the app and not against my international plan. I've received only two calls so far. Hopefully those calls won't cost too much.

0 Likes