Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
International Wifi calls via data being charged
akoehler2018

I learned the hard way that Verizon is charging for a Facetime Wifi International Data call the same as for a normal cellular call. Let me break this down. I am having 5 lines with "unlimited data" which cost me already some money. Now from home, I am making a DATA call to Germany via Facetime. I learned that Verizon will charge me the normal International Roaming Fees as I would make the call via cellular? If you make a data call you don't roam, there is no hand over from telco to telco and so on. Honestly it doesn't matter if I download a picture from one phone to another in my house or make a call to Germany. I think that is a scandal and a just the worst customer service ever. Verizon is not the cheapest out of the gate, but happy to pay for quality, but this is stealing. Nowhere do they clearly state that, there is no warning before the call, nor can you lock it. I am now trying to figure out how to switch providers and will start a social media effort to make sure this is known. 

0 Likes
Re: International Wifi calls via data being charged
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Akoehler2018,

Hearing that you would want to leave us is the last thing that we would want to happen. We take your concerns very seriously. I can understand your confusion with wifi calling and LTE Data calls. Even when in the home, the device will select whichever signal strength is the best to process the call. 

This is what may have happened during the Facetime Call you had. 

-Roni

0 Likes