International roaming charges
Cyndytwo

before traveling we purchased a Verizon international package which includes calls, texts and data. Since Verizon does not have its own towers, will we incurr roaming charges on any calls we make?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International roaming charges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Cyndytwo,

That is a great question! When you purchase one of our Global International calling packages, you will have an allotment of minutes for your calls. You will have the same roaming allowance for data depending on the Global package limit as well. Let me provide you the link so that you can review the plan details to see what fits your needs better: http://spr.ly/6583BMW7b

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: International roaming charges
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Yes, that is the definition of roaming, connecting to someone else's network.  Verizon has roaming agreements with other countries and service providers where it cannot setup and support its own towers.  When you roam onto another network VZW is billed for that usage which is then passed along to the consumer at a standard rate for that area.

Your VZW device should have some sort of indicator/icon to visualize when it is roaming or not to help you curb any unnecessary costs.  Otherwise you would have to make due with free WiFi for calling, text and data with the assistance of various apps such as Skype, Instant Messengers and your preferred browser.

0 Likes