Internet Gateway lacks internet - Verizon ZERO HELP
vacajoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

White light on my ASK Internet Gateway, but zero internet. Verizon customer service has been beyond inept at fixing this - tomorrow will be Day 4 of this issue. Verizon lied twice about an “outage in my area” and keep having me replicate the same steps (power down and reset) without any success. Then they transfer me to start all over or accidentally “drop” our session and I have to start all over again. Hands down THE WORST service I have ever encountered.

Anyone know of other tricks I can try to fix this issue?!!? Same thing six months ago and Verizon fixed it, but didn’t share how.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Gateway lacks internet - Verizon ZERO HELP
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us on Social Media! I regret knowing you haven't been able to get the responses you've been looking for. I can help! To avoid working with multiple agents, let's get you into the Secure Channel. This will ensure we stay together, and work on resolving this concern. Please click the link below, hope to see you soon! 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/campaign/smauth

*Angela

0 Likes
p14576

I have the same issue with the 5G internet gateway.  The light is solid white and devices can connect to the WIFI but there is no internet.  When I log into the device the system status says it is disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's frustrating. We always want you to be use your device for internet. Let's get to the bottom of this. *Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
CalamitySue

Similar issue - in the network devices tab, I see all my connected devices. They're all still connecting to the internet. But the gateway device itself now says it's disconnected, and there's no option for me to see its settings and reconnect it. Any device that wasn't connected beforehand now can't get internet (i.e. my phone and the laptop I was working on adding when the issue happened). Support chat is only trying to sell me home device protection. I need to talk to a tier 2 support person, but until I say yes to buying this 'service' I don't think the tech is going to connect me to one.

0 Likes
vacajoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well Tier 2 was also useless, so don’t hold your breath! A few days after it all mysteriously began working again, Verizon contacted me to offer help! I simply asked what they had changed to fix it and they had no idea why it was working again (in fact, they still thought it was malfunctioning!!!)

you may have better luck using the tech support service via text - I reached tier 2 that way and there was zero attempt to sell me on anything 

0 Likes