Internet connection with a hotspot
rrutter

OK here we go again.

I have an Elipsis 8 that is a hotspot.

Since I got it 2 months ago I have had problems with pages not loading and more often the games I play will get disconnected (repeatedly).

I can either wait it out or reboot either the laptop or Elipsis and continue on for between 20 to 60 mins and then its another spate of droppages.

Is there issues with telnet clients (CMUD or MUSH) ?

I even tried to run with AVG turned off hoping that was the problem but it still happens.

I am getting close to just canceling the contract and paying the extra.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet connection with a hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here to help rrutter,

We would not want to lose you over this.  I know we can help you keep your Elipsis Tablet hotspot connection on when needed.  Having this issue for two months is way to long. Do you get any error messages when you lose the connection? Do you notice your signal flucuating on tablet? Provide us your billing zip code to better assist.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rrutter

I do not notice any fluctuations and it happen I different places. My home zip is 97214

Actually tonight is

0 Likes
rrutter

No I do not notice any flucuations just the cannot load pages and getting disconnected from the muds.

my zip is 97214 but the problem has happened in different spots.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see how we can help to resolve this, rrutter. Just to clarify, is this a dedicated hotpost, or a tablet? How many devices do you have connected to it? When did the problem begin?

With a few more details, we can be sure to help get your concerns resolved.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your connection under control rrutter.  Our maps indiciate that you are in a good coverage area. Let's determine the root cause of this.  In order to guide  you in the right direction, please clarify if you are having issues with the Ellipsis 8 Tablet or our Ellipsis Jetpack.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes
rrutter

I am using the elipsis 8.

0 Likes
rrutter

A tablet and it started when I bought it and the service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification, rrutter. Aside from being used as a hotspot, is the tablet in use when these drops occur? Is it possible for you to provide us with signal strength during the following examples; When your tablet is not being used as a hotspot, when your tablet is used as a hotspot, and when a drop occurs? To find the signal strength, you would need to go to Settings>About Tablet>Status>Signal Strength.

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
rrutter

The only purpose for the tablet is to be a hotspot. Usually after I turn it on and set it up I do not pay any attention to signal strength but it has happened with 5 bars and also down to 2 bars.

0 Likes