Iphone 12 mini promo with new line
Socksthecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I added a new line to my Verizon account in January 2022.  I took advantage of the iphone 12 mini offer that was first available maybe starting in November of 2021 and is still available now in April of 2022, and also is listed in the Reddit Verizon Wireless Q1 Promotion Guide this way:
"Save $600($16.66) off iPhone 12 Mini on a NEW LINE on ANY UNLIMITED PLAN."

Verizon charged me for the phone for three months before I even realized what was going on.  When I complained, the phone rep and a store rep said that the promotion was different for the period in January when I bought the phone, at that time, the reps are saying that the promotion required a premium unlimited plan (I only have the START plan).   Of course, I can't find any records of the actual offer terms and the Verizon reps are unable or unwilling to provide them.   

Does anyone happen to know whether there was a period in January 2022 when the 'free Iphone 12 mini with a new line' offer was dependent on putting the new line on a premium data plan instead of just any unlimited plan?
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 12 mini promo with new line
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want to ensure you have the information you need. Let's make sure this is all sorted for you. Specifically, when did you add the new line? Was it in January, or in November? I want to make sure we're viewing details for the correct promotion.

*Breanna

0 Likes
Socksthecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new line was added in January 2022.

0 Likes
laddcap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see a pattern.....rapidly changing promotions, each with different terms and conditions. And VZ has "no way" to see anything but the current promotion.

Socksthecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello @vzw_customer_support  (*Breanna)--

Any luck tracking down an answer on this one?  The line in question was added in January.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Socksthecat We are here to provide the assistance you may need. To get started we have sent you a Private Message here on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

laddcap, so sorry to hear of the promotion and the issues. We want you to get all the promos and discounts you deserve. Could you tell me more about the promotion in question? Was it a trade-in or a rebate? Did you complete any of the required steps online? Please advise as help is here. 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Socksthecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Customer Service Team--

I was asked to go to private messaging on this topic and answered a question there for your team, but then the conversation stopped for over a week with me awaiting a reply.  Could you please take a look and get back to me with an answer to the original question.

Thanks,

Socks

0 Likes
Socksthecat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Natasha/Customer Service Team--

Perhaps I missed your public question here.

The promotion is identical (or I assumed it was identical) to the promotion at the end of 2021 and then again in 2022 and still running:

Save $599.99. New line required.

When you buy the Apple iPhone 12 mini device. Any Unlimited.

5G Ultra Wideband available only in parts of select cities. 5G Nationwide available in 2,700+ cities. $599.99 purchase on device payment or at retail price required. New line required. Less $599.99 promo credit applied to account over 36 mos; promo credit ends if eligibility requirements are no longer met; 0% APR. Any Unlimited. Taxes & fees may apply.

I did this online and added a new line and then was told that the new plan had to be a premium plan and not just "Any Unlimited."  Seems strange that the terms would have changed only for a brief period in January when I purchased the phone, but that is what I am trying to confirm or figure out.  Do you show that terms around January 8 were such that a premium unlimted plan had to be added??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're sorry about the delayed response. Please meet us again in the private note to help you. 

~Aaron

0 Likes