Is Anyone Else Having Problems With Their Verizon Gift Cards?
KYUCHO47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased two of gift card on different dates for Christmas gift. I got both gift cards (not prepaid card). when I checked my first gift card balance, the system said "invalid card". I talked to Verizon wireless agent through chatting and phone, but no one knows why gift card balance said "invalid card". I got second card couple days ago, it had a same problem. OMG..... Total was $200. I am so frustrated about this. The agent on call kept saying that gift card doesn't need to be activated. I put 11 digit of card number with 6 digit PIN. no luck. Can someone help? I like Verizon service so far, but this issue made me very frustrated. I answered automatic phone survey after the phone call, system said that manager can contact me later, but nothing happened so far. If anyone who can handle this issue, please contact me. Thanks for reading this.

Labels (1)
Re: Is Anyone Else Having Problems With Their Verizon Gift Cards?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, help has arrived KYUCHO47! We want you to get the most from the gift cards and learning of the issues does have our immediate concern. Please reach out to us directly in one of the following ways listed here: http://spr.ly/65878KhGW We have representatives standing by who will be happy to help.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jman02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar story...

I purchased a $100 Verizon Wireless Gift Card (https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/gift-cards/) from VerizonWireless.com on Dec. 4th 2016 and got it delivered on or around Dec. 7th. I decided to use it for a promo VerizonWireless was having on accessories. It was get a $50 card for a $200 or more accessory purchase. I tried to use it to purchase some items on Dec. 9th. When I got to the checkout page and added my Verizon gift card, it said the card was invalid. I double checked and the numbers were entered correctly. I decided to try again later. Same error.

Later that evening, I called customer support and was on the phone for about 30-45 minutes explaining the situation to which the representative could not assist me. I had a dinner to go to, so I had to cut it short and decided I would deal with it in the morning. On Dec. 10th, I called customer service in the morning and restated the problem. It went back and forth. She thought it needed to be activated, then later took it back. She tried calling the number to see the gift card balance. It said the card was invalid. She then tried to get a different level of support to help out. After about 80 minutes, she could not help me and created a ticket and suggested I try going to a Verizon Wireless store so that they could exchange it. She said the ticket would take 2 business days to process.

Later that evening, I decided to go to a Verizon Wireless store. I explained the situation and the customer service staff there also tried dialing the number and then found out the card was invalid. They then tried to refund the card. Which it does say on the back cards can be refunded if there is proof of purchase. They could not refund me my money. They directed me back to the customer service phone line. The issue was still not resolved.

The accessory deal ended on Saturday, the night I tried going to the Verizon Store to use the gift card after two days of trying to fix the problem. I'd say I've spent about 4+ hours trying to figure out why a card, which was purchased from VerizonWireless.com, was invalid and why nobody could help me at all. I still do not have this issue resolved and I don't think anyone can help me at this point. I just wanted to buy some accessories from the website. This is a serious problem that I have wasted too much time with for reasons I cannot figure out.

nd_football
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue as the Original Poster.  Bought two $100 gift cards and when I go to check the balances on both of them they come-up as Invalid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nd_football!

I'm so sorry you and the other posters on this thread are having this issue with your Verizon Gift Cards. We do have a team that handles all of the gift cards, and the number is on the back of the card. I know that when calling, you will be put through an automated system, but if you press "0" you will be connected with a representative to assist you. The direct number is 1-800-876-4141 or dial #GIFT from your wireless device to reach them. I'm sure they will be able to resolve this for you.

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
knic4896
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and I have talked to 7 people in 5 departments since December 26th and it is not January 3rd. My issue still is not resolved and i have $500 worth of gift cards. Were you able to solve this?

John070170
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I purchased 10 $100 cards.  Two sperate purchases of 5 cards each.  Two different orders, delivery dates, and none of the 10 were activated.  Bought before Christmas 2019.  Today is 2/2/20 and we have been getting passes off and promised resolution for a month and a half.  Today came to corporate store (2nd time).  They now say they have to fill out forms for each card.  We have a evidence of the purchase, receipt shows number for each card.  You would think they could see never activated,. Can see on Verizon acct we paid $1,000 and simply activate them.  But instead we sit here at a corporate store speaking to a very defensive customer service rep.  But will apparently be leaving without resolution and still completely frustrated.  With all the issues I have now seen on line with other people expericing this same issue there is no way that Verizon is not aware and has not fixed the lssue  Seems to be corporate fraud and they just hope cards are gifted and no one is ever the wiser.  I'm giving them this last opportunity then I may seek legal assistance.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John070170. We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the gift cards that you purchased from us. Please call our gift-card team at

800-876-4141 for assistance. 

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
John070170
Enthusiast - Level 2

No thank you.  We have talked to them many times without help.  Again you just continue to pass the issue on without resolution.  I am at a corprate store . Been here over an hour today and .    They can  call you.  Oh wait.  We did that too.  Again, if your manager at this store cannot resolve the matter we will escalate to your next level of mngt.  If needed, I will simply seek legal action.  Appears to be a well known issue and I can only imagine how many customers may have been impacted.  

John070170
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to let you know that I did not get resolution today at the Corporate store. Instead they filled out forms, told us that they had done all they could do at the store level.   ( basically a f-off and don't co.e back here). Mind you it is a corporate store and you would think they are the ones to fix it.  But they filled out forms for us to send to someone else who will apparently be in touch in about 7 business days to tell us what they are able to do.  Really????  Been dealing with this for 1.5 months .  But don't worry Verizon is on it just give them more time.  Mind you I'm out $1,000 while I wait for them to review it some more.  I have been a loyal customer going on 20 years.  Apparently means nothing to them.