Is LTE being intentionally crippled?
dwebb210a

I work in zip code 61257.  

Cell reception has always been weak.  Outside a person can get 2-3 bars.  Inside 0-2 bars.

I bought a WeBoost for my office.  Cable running through the roof to an antenna pointing to a tower.  I can usually get around 4 bars of LTE.

As of a few weeks ago, I can only get 0-2 bars in my office, and people outside are only getting 0-1 bar.  Everyone is complaining about how the signal has gone down.

I was in town on Wednesday, zip code 52748.  IN TOWN, and had zero bars.

This is unacceptable.

Is Verizon crippling LTE to push people to get 5g?

EDIT TO ADD:  My boss visited last week with his new 5g iPhone and was getting 5 bars in my office while I had zero signal.  

0 Likes
Re: Is LTE being intentionally crippled?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is for you to remain connected & want to investigate further into the service issues you & others have recently experienced. I took a look at the areas & I'm not showing any open alerts. It is important to note that all cellular providers cannot guarantee coverage indoors as many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance as we recommend Wi-Fi to improve an indoor experience. What error message do you receive when attempting to place a call, send a text & use data? While in the 51257 area how far do you have to travel before your service improves? 

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@dwebb210a wrote:

I work in zip code 61257.  

Cell reception has always been weak.  Outside a person can get 2-3 bars.  Inside 0-2 bars.

I bought a WeBoost for my office.  Cable running through the roof to an antenna pointing to a tower.  I can usually get around 4 bars of LTE.

As of a few weeks ago, I can only get 0-2 bars in my office, and people outside are only getting 0-1 bar.  Everyone is complaining about how the signal has gone down.

I was in town on Wednesday, zip code 52748.  IN TOWN, and had zero bars.

This is unacceptable.

Is Verizon crippling LTE to push people to get 5g?

EDIT TO ADD:  My boss visited last week with his new 5g iPhone and was getting 5 bars in my office while I had zero signal.  

Since LTE is required for voice calls, that wouldn’t make a whole Lotta sense.  
5g only works for data.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent overall service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
dwebb210a

How does it not make sense?  He wasn't trying to make a phone call.  He was getting his email.  

We can make calls, but they are frequently dropped.  Overall, the service is just horrible.  

0 Likes
dwebb210a

First, for clarification, it is 61257.  Work is right off an interstate.  I don't travel past the work exit, so all I can tell you it is at least a few miles towards the Quad Cities before I start getting more than two bars.  I don't normally observe the signal while driving, so I can't be very precise.  

0 Likes
dwebb210a

Please advise on how I should send a private note.  I don't see that option.  Maybe you could send me a private note to get it started?

0 Likes