Is Verizon going to be matching AT&T's new Mobile Share Value plans?
surfsup67

I'm spending almost $300 a month for 5 phones with Verizon.  AT&T's new plan would be $175 a month plus junk fees.  Is Verizon going to get competitive with AT&T or is it time for me to switch carriers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon going to be matching AT&T's new Mobile Share Value plans?
Melkerr1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been asking the same questions everywhere. We have  total of 10 lines on our plan ( not all phones)

To move everything exactly the way i have it now would save me $160.00, plus add me 5 gigs of data.

I have looked into it. I'm willing to pay eft's to do this...

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VZW changed its Share Everything plan to the MORE Everything plan effective today.  Some of the data plans were doubled; it may or may not benefit you, depending on your data usage, but is worth looking at:

The MORE Everything Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Melkerr1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pardon my rudeness, but that is crap. The only acceptable alternative is cheaper pricing. PERIOD! AT&T values their existing customers, why won't Verizon???  I don't need more data, what I need is the exact same plan that costs a considerable amount less.

0 Likes
stefMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Four phones and 6MB data on Verizon costs $240.00

Four phones and 10MB data on AT&T costs $160.00

More EVERYTHING is more of the same.  Nothing for Verizon customers.  Verizon customer for over 15 years.  As soon as my plan expires, AT&T, here I come.  Nice job Verizon.

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Melkerr1972

I just spent about an hour or so on chat with Customer Service.  Existing customers that recently upgraded before 11/13/2013 and are therefore not currently eligible for an upgrade can, until the end of this month maybe March trade in their current device via the Edge program.  The catch is that it will cost you the monthly fee each month for each upgraded phone.  But lets say you have a 10GB+ plan then for each smartphone you would pay a $20 access fee and if you, for example, edged-up to the Samsung SIII Mini you would pay an additional $10.56 so $30.56 per phone ($9.44 less than currently). Then when the phone is paid off you would be spending $20 per month per smartphone.  Or you if after 30 days you can pay 50% of the cost and upgrade again. Hope this is helpful informaiton

0 Likes
Melkerr1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, but that does not help me. We have all newer devices, we like technology lol. My husband uses the note 3, on the edge program. My son and I have the s4. My other son has the htc one. We have others on our plan, plus an iPad and the home phone connect. I'm not so much worried about the home phone connect. When I got that, I did not have unlimited minutes. And, I will be able to sell my devices to recoup most of my losses for the eft's. As I see it, it's a win win for me. I have zero complaints about my service, but my bill is astronomical. If AT&T ca do this, Verizon can too!!

0 Likes
Melkerr1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. I'm thinking the same thing

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Just beaware that with at&t you will have to purchase all your devices at full retail cost to actually get the $160 four phone price.  Otherwise you will still pay $40 per phone + $100 for 10GB of data = $260 (just like with Verizon). Unless you go with the Next program then depending on the 4 devices you choose on top of the $160 you will pay the monthly installment for each phone and depending on the device you get will likely have and additional $10 -30 plus per device which would drive your monthly cost up to $200-280 for two years or until you decide to pay off your phones... The one bonus is with AT&T you can bring your own AT&T enabled devices and get the same prices.  With Verizon you only get the line access discounts if you enroll in edge for a new phone.... That is the part that is unfair in my eyes.

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

if all your phones are on the edge program then your line access fee will be automatically dropped by $10 ( per phone enrolled) if on the 250MB - 8GB plan. If on the 10GB+ plans each phone currently enrolled on Edge you will see a $20 reduction per smartphone automatically.

0 Likes