Is Verizon using new tower?
Chuck46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon using or plan to use the new tower that was constructed 7/3/2018 in Hamburg, Indiana.  The name of the tower is Central States Tower IV.  We live 1.5 miles from the tower but so far haven't noticed any improvement in 4G LTE signal strength.  I contacted Central States and they verified a lease agreement with Verizon.  Unfortunately Central States was unable to verify whether or not Verizon is actually utilizing the tower.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Verizon using new tower?
rcschnoor
Legend

Well, that should answer your question on whether or not Verizon is currently utilizing the tower. Possibly they are awaiting approval from local governing agencies to place some antennas on the tower.

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

good luck in finding an answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

No one here is going to be able to answer that. I doubt Verizon spends money on leases and then not sue them. Also it was constructed just 7 months ago.

Chuck46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't expect a VZW forum monitor to answer but was hopeful a monitor would see my question and at least point me too somebody within VZW who could answer it.  Maybe a DIY answer is possible by driving with cell phone to the tower location to see if the signal strength bars increase?

Good point about "just 7months ago".  The guy at Central States speculated the VZW budgetary process may be causing a delay?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Chuck46 wrote:

Didn't expect a VZW forum monitor to answer but was hopeful a monitor would see my question and at least point me too somebody within VZW who could answer it. Maybe a DIY answer is possible by driving with cell phone to the tower location to see if the signal strength bars increase?

Good point about "just 7months ago". The guy at Central States speculated the VZW budgetary process may be causing a delay?

By "constructed" do you mean when the tower itself was done or when the antennas were actually added? Even once the antennas are attached they have to go through testing before it's cleared for use. This can take weeks/months

0 Likes
Chuck46
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know what "constructed" means. Assumed that means it was functional?  Thanks for the info re the process.  Got the 7/3/2018 date from http://www.antennasearch.com/

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Chuck46 wrote:

Don't know what "constructed" means. Assumed that means it was functional? Thanks for the info re the process. Got the 7/3/2018 date from http://www.antennasearch.com/

That could mean the tower itself was built but not have any equipment on it. Using that same site it shows a tower built in my area in Aug 2016 which is true but only the tower was finished, it was another 2 months before the antenna were added.

0 Likes
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

We always want you getting the best possible service. Let’s turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Chuck46 wrote:

Don't know what "constructed" means. Assumed that means it was functional? Thanks for the info re the process. Got the 7/3/2018 date from http://www.antennasearch.com/

Did you use that same site to see if there was any antennas on that tower?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Chuck46
Enthusiast - Level 2

That site does not show any antennas on Central States Tower IV.

0 Likes